I'm a Celebrity...

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
GloomyGraham

Re: Anyone interested in an I'm a Celebrity thread?

Post by GloomyGraham »

I don't think saying people need to wash the dishes thoroughly and clean up arounc camp to reduce the chance of rodents is 'sexism' even if it's a male (expert in hygiene when cooking) asks some females (dishes) & everyone (camp) to do that.
Bertie
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers, Famous Five.
Favourite character: Fatty & Buster, George & Timmy.

Post by Bertie »

I'm not sure if that's a response to my post, or just a general statement. If it's the former, then my point was in reference to you saying: "none of her decisions are for the good of the camp. Instead she takes revenge on many of the guys and rewards the girls." That was the point I was addressing, not the actual tasks assigned on this occasion.
Society Member
GloomyGraham

Post by GloomyGraham »

She moved the Masterchef of the camp (who everyone had praised, everyday) to doing dishes.

For payback, not for any benefit to the camp.

And she gave the job of cook to someone who admitted she couldn't really cook.
Yak
Favourite book/series: St Clare's/FFO's.
Favourite character: Fatty/Claudine

Post by Yak »

Nella and Fred seem to have clashed from the beginning. He is going a bit far interfering with the cooking and yet at the same time he is GOOD at cooking.
http://europeforum.freeforums.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

From the times when I used to watch some of it, it always seemed that most of them each year were mostly thinking of what would most likely make the edited show and therefore give them most airtime. And as the cooking of the evening meal always made the show each night, a number of people usually wanted to get involved in it (rather than just leave it to those who can actually cook!) Sounds like little's changed.
Society Member
Yak

Post by Yak »

Well that's it for another year :). I'd not heard of the eventual winner or runner up but he seemed like a nice bloke. I must admit that I was relieved that Farage did not win. This year's offering was a bit weak, I thought.
http://europeforum.freeforums.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

I only really saw the last couple of days.

I don't watch those types of Essex / Chelsea shows and had never heard of the winner, but he seemed a decent enough bloke. I don't watch Boxing either, but in reading and listening about Sport over the years I was aware of the runner up, Tony Bellew.

They seem to have struck up a nice friendship in there. Though, as a guess (based only on the bits I saw), I'd say that Sam would be the one eager for it to continue for good, whereas for Tony it might have been more of a 'shipboard / holiday friendship' that occurred out of the situation and might not last long back in the real world?
Society Member
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

I had 2 firsts last night
  • The first time I watched a episode of I'm a celebrity
  • The first time I'd watched a whole programme with Ant & Dec
The programme was not my idea of entertainment. Watching someone undertake humiliating tasks or eat things intended to degrade them made me feel uncomfortable about my choice to watch it. Farage's calm composure in a pit of snakes was remarkable.

What was even more remarkable was everyone taking part saying what a brilliant time they'd had :shock: :?
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Bertie

Re: I'm a Celebrity...

Post by Bertie »

All very fair points, Viv. :D

I'm not one for reality shows / Saturday night TV at all, and don't watch any of the other Ant & Dec shows. So I'm not sure why I sometimes make an exception for I'm A Celebrity - as it has all the loud, OTT, fakery and camera hogging elements that annoy me about most other shows like that.

I'm thinking it's maybe to do with the timing: it always takes place late November / early December, which is my favourite time of the year as all my Christmas decorations go up! So I think I have more positive associations with the show returning each year than it merits, as its annual arrival always coincides with the arrival of the decorations and, for some reason, it seemed to become part of my festive 'routine'. Though, as I said earlier, I only see bits of it each year nowadays - just enough to have an idea what's going on each series.
Society Member
Yak

Post by Yak »

I think for me part if it is the timing too - I love this time of year but the weather here is grim and so watching people in sunny Australia is uplifting.

As for critters - I don't actually mind snakes or rats but if someone had put me in a tank with giant huntsman spiders I'd have been out of there in an instant :(
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Absolutely brilliant. We enjoyed every minute of it!
Society Member