Any News of Pete?

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Any News of Pete?

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I'm afraid Tony and I haven't heard anything either. If anyone reading this thread has had any news from/of Pete, it would be good to know. It's about seven weeks now since he was last on the forums, which isn't like him at all. The fact that even texts and emails are getting no response is very worrying.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Post by Boodi 2 »

That is very strange and worrying. Hopefully there will be some news soon.
Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

Like Nigel and Julie, I have written to Pete but that was two weeks ago and I haven't had a reply. He isn't answering his emails either.
Pete is a good friend to many of us on here and we are very concerned about him.
Society Member
Bertie
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers, Famous Five.
Favourite character: Fatty & Buster, George & Timmy.

Post by Bertie »

Yeah, I've also been wondering / checking if there was any news on a daily basis, but I didn't like to bring it up as, as a relative newcomer, I feel a bit of an intruder into the levels of worry / loss likely being experienced by those who've known Pete for much longer, and in real life as well.

Thanks to those that have tried to contact Pete and his family. I keep hoping for some positive update although, the longer it goes on without news, the less likely that feels.
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

As messages have gone unanswered for quite some time now, it does seem that Pete or his family are not in a position to make contact - at least at this stage. Whatever the reason may be, we have to respect the family's privacy. I hope we'll receive some news eventually, in Pete's/the family's own time.

Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

I think Anita has summed it up very well.

I did wonder if perhaps the letter might have got mislaid or held up, but if a couple of other people have also tried writing to his address and not yet received a reply, I don't think there is anything more that can be done.

Hopefully Pete and his family will know from the letters, e-mails and texts, that his presence is missed on the forums.
Society Member
Ice_Gemz
Favourite book/series: The Folk of The Faraway Tree

Post by Ice_Gemz »

Keeping my fingers crossed that Pete and his family are OK. I tend to lurk and read, and not post a lot myself, but I have enjoyed reading many of Pete's posts and miss them.
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

That's very strange, that not only is Pete not responding to any attempts to contact him, but there also hasn't been any kind of response from his family to multiple paper mails sent to his home address. Even if something has happened to both him and his wife, you'd think there would then be someone checking the post at their home and responding to any mail as needed.

As I've said, I don't know Pete personally, but for the sake of a fellow forum member and for all those here who do know him, I hope this mystery is cleared up soon — and that it's not bad news.
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

It's a pretty miserable situation. Pete is a much loved person on these forums and it's quite clear that something untoward has happened to prevent his communicating with anyone. Short of someone going and knocking on his door though I cannot see any further way to make contact. As others have said we can only hope that it's nothing terribly serious that has happened and that he pops back in again sometime. :(
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Great News!

I have, this morning, received an email from Pete. He is alive and well, but has had a stressful and traumatic time regarding his parents. Both are seriously ill and this has obviously put him under extreme stress. He therefore decided to take a complete break from all online activity and concentrate on being there totally for his parents and family. I will leave it to him to comment on any more personal details should he so wish.

He has asked me to pass on his heartfelt thanks and gratitude to Tony and the Society members for all the concern shown to him. He didn't even think he would be missed!

He has said he will return at some point.
Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I am so very glad to hear the news, thank you for posting, Nigel. I'm sorry to hear that he has been having a difficult time, though. Please let him know that I am thinking of him if you speak to him again.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Bertie
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers, Famous Five.
Favourite character: Fatty & Buster, George & Timmy.

Post by Bertie »

Very relieved to hear that Pete is fine physically, at least.

Very sad to hear about the news of his parents health issues. Hope things improve for them and we can hear from Pete again on the thread, as he's been much missed. But completely understandable why it's been the last thing on his mind at this time.

Thanks for the update, Moonraker.
Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Thanks for the update.

Obviously very sorry for Pete that he is having such a difficult time with his parents, but relieved that he has been in touch with someone. Completely understand that he feels the need to take a break from on-line activity.

It's good to know that he hopes to return to the forums at some point.

Pete, if you do read this - I send my best wishes to you and your family.
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

Thanks very much indeed for letting us know, Nigel. I'm sorry about Pete's parents and it's understandable that Pete needs to concentrate on his family at this time. I look forward to having him back with us when circumstances allow, as his posts bring a lot of fun to the forums and he's much-missed. Please pass on my best wishes if you get in touch with him again, Nigel.

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

It's a relief to hear Pete is safe and well, but very sad to hear of the stress and trauma he is now under. Family always comes first, and I'm sure Pete will be back with us as soon as he feels able and well enough to join us once more.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member