Lots to read about

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Anjalli
Favourite book/series: Find Outers, Famous Five, Secret, Adventure series
Favourite character: Fatty, Jack, George, Barney, Darrell, Bets, Dinah.

Lots to read about

Post by Anjalli »

Wow, I have just been skimming the topics and boy oh boy I got lots to read up on. A lot of different elements are discussed and written up on, I made as few posts just towards the end of threads but will get in depth as time goes on. I am looking forward to it 😁. This is a wonderful site and am glad I am a teeny bit of it. Gn.
The Chief looked at Fatty. "Brains are good, courage is excellent, resourcefulness is rare," he said, "but generosity crowns everything, Frederick. One of these days I'll be proud of you!" - "Vanished Prince".
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Re: Lots to read about

Post by Eddie Muir »

It’s good to hear you are enjoying the topics on this great website, Anjalli. :D

However, could you explain what Ga and Gn mean in your posts? Am I missing something?
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I think they mean "Good afternoon" and "Good night", Eddie.

I'm glad you're enjoying the posts, Anjalli. The website contains a massive amount of information and discussion, built up over many years. It's great fun to dip into the varied topics on the forums and explore the wealth of material in the Cave of Books.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Thanks for the explanation, Anita. I was rather puzzled by the use of Ga and Gn in Anjalli’s posts, as I’d not seen these abbreviations used before.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Post by Boatbuilder »

I was also puzzled by them at first, Eddie, but when I realised the time of day they were made and allowing for the five-hour time difference, I put two and two together and came to the same conclusion as Anita. :D

Glad you are enjoying the forum, Anjalli.
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member
Anjalli

Post by Anjalli »

Eddie Muir wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 07:26 It’s good to hear you are enjoying the topics on this great website, Anjalli. :D

However, could you explain what Ga and Gn mean in your posts? Am I missing something?
Gm (good morning) Eddie Muir, thank you and yes I am enjoying reading on the site. Ga (good afternoon) and Gn (good night). I am so used to using these abbreviations over here so unconsciously I have been using them when I post, sorry for any confusion. Have a great day.
The Chief looked at Fatty. "Brains are good, courage is excellent, resourcefulness is rare," he said, "but generosity crowns everything, Frederick. One of these days I'll be proud of you!" - "Vanished Prince".
Anjalli

Post by Anjalli »

Anita Bensoussane wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 07:53 I think they mean "Good afternoon" and "Good night", Eddie.

I'm glad you're enjoying the posts, Anjalli. The website contains a massive amount of information and discussion, built up over many years. It's great fun to dip into the varied topics on the forums and explore the wealth of material in the Cave of Books.
Gm Anita and thank you, totally enjoying everything I have been reading. I briefly looked at the Cave of Books but will really get into it on the weekend. Thank you for the explanation, they are correct.
I have a confession: since I have been reading so much the toffee's almost finished 🙂. Just so you know.😁

Have a great day.👍
Anjalli

Post by Anjalli »

Boatbuilder wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 09:54 I was also puzzled by them at first, Eddie, but when I realised the time of day they were made and allowing for the five-hour time difference, I put two and two together and came to the same conclusion as Anita. :D

Glad you are enjoying the forum, Anjalli.
Gm Boatbuilder, yes you are very correct. Sorry for all the puzzlement and glad that is cleared up. Off to work so have a great day. Will check in at lunchtime.
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Post by Boatbuilder »

Don't work too hard, Anjalli. :D ;)
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Anjalli wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 11:19
Eddie Muir wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 07:26 It’s good to hear you are enjoying the topics on this great website, Anjalli. :D

Gm (good morning) Eddie Muir, thank you and yes I am enjoying reading on the site. Ga (good afternoon) and Gn (good night). I am so used to using these abbreviations over here so unconsciously I have been using them when I post, sorry for any confusion. Have a great day.
Thank you for confirming Anita’s explanation, Anjalli. Much appreciated. Ga to you. :D

Society Member
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Post by Jack400 »

Yes, thanks for the explanation, Anjalli- I'd wondered too! Very pleased you are enjoying the various posts, they are a great way to pass a lunch break. Ga :) (hope that emoji means happy/smiling- my computer shows the meaning when I hover over it , but, my phone doesn't)
Society Member
Anjalli

Post by Anjalli »

Ga 😁 everyone, hope you are having or had a wonderful day, over here the sun is shining, barely any wind and it's beautiful. On my lunch break so catching up on stuff. Jack400 yes it is a smiley emoji. Ok have a good one and be safe ( another of my sayings😁).
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Post by Jack400 »

That's a relief,! I imagine that the "be safe" might be due to covid 19? But not a bad message anyway.
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Anjalli wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 11:24I have a confession: since I have been reading so much the toffee's almost finished 🙂. Just so you know.😁
:lol: We'll have to get Mrs. Sanders to bake us some shortbread!
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Anjalli

Post by Anjalli »

Jack400 wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 20:28 That's a relief,! I imagine that the "be safe" might be due to covid 19? But not a bad message anyway.
Gn thanks and yes the be safe is due to the pandemic