R.I.P Sir Clive Sinclair

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Stephen

Re: R.I.P Sir Clive Sinclair

Post by Stephen »

A huge figure from my childhood. I was very computer illiterate as a child, but some of my friends were really into it, and I would watch, fascinated as my fellow nine and ten year olds would bring their ZX81s and ZX Spectrums into school, tap away in BASIC, and have some kind of program up and running. I also remember someone bringing in an even earlier ZX80 which looked a bit like a child's toy even back then! But even though I couldn't really follow what was going on, Clive Sinclair's machines were amazing to watch in use. I was still at the stage where I thought pocket calculators were pretty cool pieces of equipment - but here was something else entirely!

I also remember the C5 being touted as the future of transport! Don't think I ever saw one in real life until a few years ago at the National Waterfront Museum in Swansea. I don't think I'd have ever wanted to own or ride one myself, but it still brings back nostalgic memories.
Barnard
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers Series and Adventure Series.
Favourite character: Fatty

Re: R.I.P Sir Clive Sinclair

Post by Barnard »

At Lingfield races in the 1980s, there was a competition with a Sinclair C5 as the first prize. I think the second prize was two Sinclair C5s.