Floods in Europe

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Re: Floods in Europe

Post by Boodi 2 »

Wolfgang wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 16:16 Thank you for your concern.
I don't live that far away from you, Monique, if I remember correctly.
As far as I know no friends or relatives of me are affected.
Thanks Wolfgang, as you have gathered, I was not aware that you also live in the (usually) sunny south-west!!!
Society Member
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Post by Boodi 2 »

The rain has moved to the south and east so now parts of Bavaria and Austria are flooded. A friend who lives in Heinsberg sent me photos of the flooding in her basement and garden on Wednesday night. Many of the stables in the area have been flooded so she and her husband have been busy since then trying to find new accommodation for horses made homeless by the floods.
Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

I'm glad to hear that Boodi, Hannah and Wolfgang are all ok and hope any other EB Society members living in affected areas are also ok.

The devastation and loss of life are very sad. Obviously it's always awful to hear of any parts of the world affected in this way, but my parents have travelled to Europe, especially Germany on many occasions, and so somehow it seems worse when it's somewhere I've heard of.

I hope that the final toll isn't as bad as feared (although any loss of life is obviously awful), and that the areas affected are able to get back up and running as soon as possible.
Society Member