Holidays 2021?

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Re: Holidays 2021?

Post by Lucky Star »

Great pictures Pete. I'm glad you're having a nice time.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Cheers John. Any chance of you being able to get to Ireland this year?
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Darrell71
Favourite book/series: Adventure series
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Bill Smugs, Kiki, Elizabeth Allen,

Post by Darrell71 »

Currently in New York on holiday with my friends. Yesterday I had one of the best days of my life at Six Flags Great Adventure, an amusement part in New Jersey. My neck is really feeling the effect of all those roller coasters now though. Incredibly worth it, however. :D
Today we're relaxing in the hotel/neighboring town but tomorrow we're going to Manhattan. I've been twice before, but with my parents, and it's obviously quite a different experience to go with your closest friends, so I'm very excited. Overall, a very good end to what has been a great college semester for me, and a nice transition to the summer that I'll be spending at home.
You can call me Sunskriti!
Lucky Star

Post by Lucky Star »

pete9012S wrote:Cheers John. Any chance of you being able to get to Ireland this year?
I'm actually there at the moment Pete although not in the circumstances I envisaged. My Mum has ended up in hospital and has just had her femur, knee and hip replaced after a really bad break. The break was apparently caused by cancer in the femur. As my Dad is considerably ailing with suspected dementia (though he refuses to admit it) I have had to come over to Ireland to help care for him while Mum is in hospital. And possibly beyond that as she will be unable to move as well as before when she comes out. My brother and I are sharing the caring duties between us for the rest of May and then I am supposed to begin a new job at the end of the month but we will have to see what the parental care situation is at that time. Sometimes I think someone up above has taken a dislike to me. :lol: :lol:

Sorry to ruin the happy holiday thread. Hopefully I will manage a break later in the year. Possible Cornwall or even a trip to North Wales myself. I love the Llandudno area so might combine it with a return visit to Liverpool.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I'm really sorry to hear about your mum, John, and I hope things go well for her. What a shock for the whole family. She and your dad must be very glad to have you there - and your brother too. Wishing you all the best with everything and I hope you manage to get away somewhere later in the year.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Post by Jack400 »

Sorry to hear about your family problems ,John hope all goes well with you and your family.
Society Member
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Post by Boodi 2 »

John (Lucky Star), I am very sorry to hear that you are in Ireland due to such difficult circumstances and hope that the situation improves soon.
Cheers,
Boodi
Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

John, sorry to hear about your family situation. I hope you manage to find a workable solution so that you are able to start your new job.

You certainly seem to be having more than your fair share of bad luck at the moment.
Society Member
Lucky Star

Post by Lucky Star »

Thanks to you all for your kind words. It’s a difficult situation but I’m sure it will all work out in the end. It’s wonderful to know I just have to log in here to be cheered up.

Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

So sorry to hear this John. I do hope your mum will be able to regain some mobility soon and your dad will no doubt be glad of your help at present. Thinking of you.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Oh John, what a difficult situation.

Don't worry one bit about this thread, you and your family are much more important.
You are a good son. I hope you can get through this difficult time.
I take one day at a time - it's the only way I can seem to make sense of things these days.

Best Wishes

Pete
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Post by Boatbuilder »

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum, John (LS). I fully sympathise with you being in a carer's role myself. As has already been said, I hope you are able to resolve the issues so that you can start your new job at the end of the month. I also hope your mum makes a speedy recovery. My best wishes to you all.
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Chick and I have been in regular contact with you by text message, telephone and email, John, but I just wanted to say again that you and your family are in our thoughts at this difficult time. We hope that the situation improves for all of you very soon.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

I'm sorry to hear of your family troubles too, John. I sincerely hope that your fortunes take a turn for the better very soon.
Society Member
Lucky Star

Post by Lucky Star »

Thank you all. For now I’m taking it day by day as Pete said. This forum and its great people are a wonderful comfort when things are going wrong. :D

Society Member