The 'What Are You Looking Forward To?' Thread

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Katharine

Re: The 'What Are You Looking Forward To?' Thread

Post by Katharine »

FiveFanDownunder wrote: In Australia, the 'long' or summer school holidays are just wrapping up; I am looking forward to everybody going back to their various places of learning so the house gets back to normal.
I think that's a sentiment echoed by many families towards the end of their summer holidays. :D
Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I'm looking forward to better weather so that walks and trips to the park are even more enjoyable. Also to being able to do simple things like have people over to visit, going back to work, maybe even going on the holiday we have booked in April.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
IceMaiden
Favourite book/series: Too many to mention! All of them!
Favourite character: George

Post by IceMaiden »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:Gosh, I was imagining bubble tea as being hot!
I'd never heard of bubble tea before, it sounds like one of Enid's wonderfully imaginative inventions straight out of the Faraway Tree or one of the lands at the top! I was imagining it be a cup of tea full of bubbles like an Aero bar or tea that pours out in the style of one of those bubble blob egg timers. I'm quite disappointed now! It seems to be one of those things that sounds more exciting than it actually is :P .
Society Member

I'm just an old fashioned girl with an old fashioned mind
Not sophisticated, I'm the sweet and simple kind
I want an old fashioned house, with an old fashioned fence
And A̶n̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶h̶i̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶l̶i̶o̶n̶a̶i̶r̶e̶
Darrell71
Favourite book/series: Adventure series
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Bill Smugs, Kiki, Elizabeth Allen,

Post by Darrell71 »

IceMaiden wrote:It seems to be one of those things that sounds more exciting than it actually is :P .
To an extent, yes. There is a very wide variety of flavors and bright colors, and the little black balls bobbing about at the bottom make for a pleasant textural surprise, however. It's certainly the most 'fun' drink I've seen. :D

Getting back to the thread title, I'm looking forward to next week when our fencing practices resume in person with social distancing and masking in place. I haven't seen my teammates since last February, so it shall be very exciting! :D
I'm also looking forward to mid February, when my friend is coming back to my uni campus. I haven't seen her since February either (a lot of that going around, I suppose), and we get along very well, so I can't wait.
You can call me Sunskriti!