Happy Birthday Boatbuilder!

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Chrissie777
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Adventure Series, Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Jack Trent

Re: Happy Birthday Boatbuilder!

Post by Chrissie777 »

Boodi 2 wrote: 01 Jul 2023, 09:50 It really is lovely John and Freddie seems very fond of it already.

I fear that our rain is gone again, as it stopped yesterday evening and there has been none since. However, it is cooler and the rain water barrels are full again, which is a relief.

I can give you some of our rain. :wink:
Until 22nd of July the weather forecast predicts rain every single day (but not today) for Central Massachusetts.
Chrissie

Society Member

"For me, the cinema is not a slice of life, but a piece of cake."
Alfred Hitchcock
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Post by Boatbuilder »

We have had a reasonable amount since then Chrissie, but thankfully not too much. It's also in the forecast for several days over the next two weeks.
Last edited by Boatbuilder on 12 Jul 2023, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Post by Boodi 2 »

In contrast we have had hardly any rain and despite watering with the hose twice per day the garden is in a sorry state, as in addition to the drought it is very hot (since last Friday between +32 and +36 degrees every day). We had a few hours of rain last night accompanied by thunder and lightning, which was a relief. More rain was forecast for this afternoon, but so far nothing has happened and the heat is building up again.
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Happy belated birthday, BB!
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Anita Bensoussane wrote: 09 Jul 2023, 07:20 Last winter I went to my local supermarket and asked an assistant whether they had any hot water bottles. "Of course," said the assistant - and led me to a shelf full of flasks!
Unbelievable. :roll:
Society Member
Chrissie777
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Adventure Series, Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Jack Trent

Post by Chrissie777 »

Boatbuilder wrote: 12 Jul 2023, 15:56 We have had a reasonable amount since then Chrissie, but thankfully not too much. It's also in the forecast for several days over the next two weeks.

John, we suffered from a drought and were happy about the rain in early July, but meanwhile it's getting a bit too much.
The ground between the kitchen window and the 115 year old beech tree was cracked, so the soil definitely needed the water desperately.
Chrissie

Society Member

"For me, the cinema is not a slice of life, but a piece of cake."
Alfred Hitchcock
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Post by Boodi 2 »

Moonraker wrote: 13 Jul 2023, 10:48
Anita Bensoussane wrote: 09 Jul 2023, 07:20 Last winter I went to my local supermarket and asked an assistant whether they had any hot water bottles. "Of course," said the assistant - and led me to a shelf full of flasks!
Unbelievable. :roll:
It does not surprise me too much, as when my husband worked for a local council here it was council policy to give several weeks of work experience to young people who were close to school leaving age. Hence various young people worked in his office over the years...some good and some less so. However, on one occasion he was shocked when he asked the young person to address some envelopes and she appeared utterly confused and told him that she had never addressed an envelope before, with the result that he had to show her what to do!!!
Society Member
IceMaiden
Favourite book/series: Too many to mention! All of them!
Favourite character: George

Post by IceMaiden »

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One Christmas eve my mum in a panic realised she'd forgotten the crackers and sent me to get some before the shop shut. After looking high and low to no avail I eventually asked the manager who was walking past if they had any crackers left. "Yes loads" he said, then took me along to the biscuit aisle and handed me a packet of jacobs cream crackers!
Society Member

I'm just an old fashioned girl with an old fashioned mind
Not sophisticated, I'm the sweet and simple kind
I want an old fashioned house, with an old fashioned fence
And A̶n̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶h̶i̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶l̶i̶o̶n̶a̶i̶r̶e̶
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Post by Boatbuilder »

:D Not quite as bad as some of the others mentioned, IceMaiden. He was just as correct in what he offered you as they were probably in demand as well for Christmas.
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member