Favorite Singers or Artists

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Julian
Favourite book/series: Six Bad Boys/Famous Five/St Clare's/Wishing Chair
Favourite character: Julian/Janet/Carlotta

Favorite Singers or Artists

Post by Julian »

I would love to know all the favorite singers or artists you all enjoy! :D

Mine are: Shakira, Eminem, The Black Eyed Peas, Britney Spears - and Arabic singer, Nancy Ajram.

:D
  • ♥♣ Møh@mð Hä§åÑ♥♣
Thanks to Nigel for my avatar! :)
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Post by Viking Star »

Hi Julian

Well you haven't had much of a response to your question!

My guess is that most people are older than you - quite apart from living in another country, so think you probably won't have heard of their favourites. Also it's very hot here, and it's the time of year when people take their holidays.

Of the artists you mention, I liked 'Whenever, Wherever' by Shakira, and 'Underneath your clothes' a bit (the title sounds a bit dodgy on this web site! :) ). I also liked 'Shut up' by the Black Eyed Peas.

I DJ (it's not my day job), so I tend to go for the mix of a song (one that will fit into my set) rather than just than the basic song itself. I therefore don't usually by albums much or go for particular artists. The most recent I bought and enjoyed was the Scissor Sisters debut album.

Individual songs I've liked over the last couple of years are 'Lola's Theme' by the Shapeshifters (fantastic), 'I bet you look good on the dancefloor' by the Arctic Monkeys and 'Crazy' by Gnarls Berkeley.

Other artists I like (but are unlikely to release any more songs in the near future) are Destiny's Child and Whitney Houston - now she was great!

I'm off to help Viv of Ginger Pop tomorrow with her Enid Blyton Birthday Party. I hope you have fun in your part of the world! :D :D
gareth jones
Favourite book/series: ADVENTURE SERIES
Favourite character: JACK TRENT

favourite music stars.

Post by gareth jones »

I have a very wide range of music favourites,from Aerosmith,Bon Jovi IL Divo. Seen Bon Jovi twice, Once in Manchester and once in Huddesfield.
Saw IL Divo at Cardiff Castle last month they were fantastic what brilliant voices. Also saw Katherine Jenkins at LLangollen last month she was brill too. What would we do without books or music.
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Let the pie throwing begin - I am a huge lifelong fan of Elvis Presley. :D Simply unbeatable.

I also like The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Sex pistols, Metallica and all kinds of 80's music.
Mollybob
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure, Five On a Treasure Island
Favourite character: Philip, George

Post by Mollybob »

I like quite an eclectic range of music. Current favourites include the Kaiser Chiefs, Joss Stone and the Killers. I also like the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Kinks, Jimi Hendrix, Simon and Garfunkel and Abba.
I listen to quite a lot of classical music too, especially when working. I like Saint-Saen (not sure if I've spelt that correctly), Tchaichovsky, Holst and Ravel.
Viking Star

Post by Viking Star »

Well, Lucky Star. Looks like no one's got any pies. What a nice lot we are!

Personally I was expecting a lot more Abba fans - but perhaps no one dared?

Clean cut, catchy, feel good factor, stood the test of time: so much in common with Enid! :)
Steve Alpe

Post by Steve Alpe »

My musical tastes are very much stuck in the 60's, 70's & 80's ranging from The Beatles, The Who through 10cc, Supertramp to Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music, Judie Tzuke, Hall & Oates, as well as David Bowie.
Julian

Post by Julian »

Even I like Judie Tzuke! :) :)

• ♥♣ Møh@mð Hä§åÑ♥♣
Daniel85

Post by Daniel85 »

I like a whole range of stuff.

At the moment I'm listening to a lot of Jackson 5 (Michael Jackson is my favourite performer ever in the history of the universe), Phil Collins, and David Bowie. I love really distinctive vocalists.
Steve Alpe

Post by Steve Alpe »

Hi Mohamed

Someone else who has actually heard of Judie, but a picture as well - reminds me of the one on my bedroom wall. I had to take it down when my girlfriend came round. She actually sings my all time favourite song - 'Stay With Me Till Dawn' as well.
Julian

Post by Julian »

That's nice. And even I like that song but unfortunately, I had a CD of it, but it got lost! :cry: :cry:
  • ♥♣ Møh@mð Hä§åÑ♥♣
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

[Viking Star:] "Personally I was expecting a lot more Abba fans - but perhaps no one dared?"

Abba fan here! :oops: My husband and I have even been to see the Abba tribute band Bjorn Again. :oops:

Anita
Julian

Post by Julian »

Hi Anita :D

Actually even I like ABBA and I simply love the songs from their album: Waterloo. :D
  • ♥♣ Møh@mð Hä§åÑ♥♣
SteveM62

Post by SteveM62 »

Anita!

Why were you going red? I love ABBA - am and VERY proud of the fact! Next to my EB book collection my ABBA CD collection is just as treasured

So there!!
Steve Markham
Viking Star

Post by Viking Star »

Well I suppose I should own up as well. :shock:

Actually when I posted my response to Mohamed at the start of the string, I was restricting it to bands during his lifetime and I thought he might have heard of, apart from anything else.

Of course Abba have made more money from the musical Mamma Mia than they did from all their singles and albums put together, and that's a current hit if nothing else. Maybe there is a production in the UAE?

I also liked David Bowie many years ago. An odd combination perhaps, but I think it's more to do with being broad/open minded - whether it's music or anything else. :)