Football

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Re: Football

Post by number 6 »

Eddie Muir wrote:Here's hoping the Owls beat Newcastle today, John and Forest beat Huddersfield, Number 6. :D

The Baggies have a tough match against Arsenal at the Emirates this afternoon. Brighton take on QPR at home tomorrow.
Best wishes to all our respective teams, Eddie! It'll certainly be a tough day for all of them! With all the injuries that the Reds have at the moment, it may be a case of damage limitation today! Then again. You never know! :)
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

I hope the Owls beat Newcastle too! Good luck to Forest and Brighton. :D
Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

What a GREAT result for the Owls, John. You must be delighted! :D

Sadly, not so good for West Brom and Forest, Number 6. :cry:

Let's hope Brighton can beat QPR tomorrow and move into the top spot in the Championship.
Last edited by Eddie Muir on 31 Dec 2016, 00:26, edited 1 time in total.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

NOT a good day at the office, Eddie! One to forget! :cry:
The Baggies narrowly got beaten, but they did better than many expected. They're doing really well. A lot harder to beat this season & playing some good stuff, as well. :D

Disastrous for Forest, though. After leading 1-0 at the break, the Reds conceded TWO second half own goals.. condemning them to yet another defeat! :roll: :cry:

The Owls did brilliantly, John! You got your wish! Just hope Brighton take advantage of Newcastle's slip up! :D
Bannerman65

Post by Bannerman65 »

You got your wish, Eddie. Brighton beat QPR 3 - 0, today, and have gone to the top of the Championship League. :)

Congratulations, to Brighton and Hove Albion. :D
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Well done to Brighton! Top of the Championship after a great win over QPR! I bet Eddie is doing cartwheels round his living room! :lol:
John Pickup

Post by John Pickup »

I was at Hillsborough earlier in the season to see Brighton beat us and they look a far superior side than Newcastle. The Owls deserved the victory last night and I'm pleased it gave the opportunity for Brighton to claim first place in the league.
Forest need to stop squandering leads. They could easily get sucked into the relegation battle.
Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Thank you, Bannerman, Number 6 and John. :D I'm certainly doing cartwheels in my imagination. :lol: :lol:

Great results for the Owls and the Seagulls!
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Bannerman65

Post by Bannerman65 »

You're welcome, Eddie. :)

Both our teams need to keep up the winning momentum, though. Out of interest, The Blades won 2 - 0 against Oldham Athletic on Monday, and are currently 2nd in Division 1. Scunthorpe United are currently on top. I still think The Blades want promotion, pretty badly.
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Forest are doing exactly as I predicted during pre-season. A manager who repeatedly chops & changes players around...even if we're injury free! Five of the Eight players he brought to the club are not Championship material. They're are simply not good enough. His tactics & motivational methods are inept. Pretty dire all round really. Nice chap, but that's not gonna win you games! :roll:

It'll be good if Sheff Utd got promoted. I think they're another sleeping giant waiting to wake up! :D

My pre-season prediction of Brighton going up automatically & Sheff Weds in the play-offs are still on course. Let's hope both teams can maintain their momentum. If the Owls can beat Newcastle away, then anything is possible for them. :D
Deej92
Favourite book/series: Five Get into Trouble (Famous Five)
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Deej92 »

To change the subject a little - Swansea have sacked their manager Bob Bradley after just 85 days. Judging by the results they've had, I can't say I'm surprised. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38442329" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
number 6

Post by number 6 »

A tough job considering Swasea were already in free fall when Bob Bradley took over. Their squad needed strengthening at the end of last season, but that never materialised, which has resulted in their predicament they find themselves in today! A lack of support in the transfer market will see them relegated.
John Pickup

Post by John Pickup »

number 6 wrote: It'll be good if Sheff Utd got promoted.
It will be even better if they don't. :D
Society Member
Deej92
Favourite book/series: Five Get into Trouble (Famous Five)
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Deej92 »

number 6 wrote:A tough job considering Swasea were already in free fall when Bob Bradley took over. Their squad needed strengthening at the end of last season, but that never materialised, which has resulted in their predicament they find themselves in today! A lack of support in the transfer market will see them relegated.
I agree. Swansea lost players of the quality of Williams and Ayew in the summer and didn't replace them. So a squad which needed strengthening actually weakened. As you say, to stand a chance of escaping the drop, they need to choose the right manager and sign a number of players, particularly in defence, in the transfer window in January. For me, Roy Hodgson, Steve Bruce or Harry Redknapp (to name a few), all managers with plenty of experience, would be good appointments for them to replace Bradley.
number 6

Post by number 6 »

John Pickup wrote:
number 6 wrote: It'll be good if Sheff Utd got promoted.
It will be even better if they don't. :D
No love lost there then! :lol: :lol: :lol: