News from the Ginger Pop Shop

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Katharine

Re: News from the Ginger Pop Shop

Post by Katharine »

Sadly I can't offer any of it a home, or think of any suggestions, but I hope you manage to find a solution. It would be so sad to have to ditch it.
Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Sad to have to part with the items but they really only fit in an attraction and there currently looks to be no hope of opening any attractions in the near future. Just remember that all those who saw and used the Eileen Soper's Illustrated World exhibits loved and enjoyed them and that will never change.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I'm afraid I haven't any suggestions either but I'm sorry to hear the news, Viv.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

I'm very sorry too... it was certainly a wonderful exhibition - so imaginative and well thought out. Happy memories.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Post by Boodi 2 »

I wish I had seen it, as it sounds wonderful. What a pity it can't be left in place to await happier days, which surely will return at some stage...
Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

I'm sorry you are thinking of parting with the exhibits, Viv. When Erika and I went to Brownsea Island we called in to view before we caught the boat. You weren't there that day but I remember buying a lovely copy of Mystery of the Vanished Prince.
Society Member
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Post by Jack400 »

Viv of Ginger Pop wrote:I've made the reluctant decision to landfill the remnants of the Eileen Soper exhibition, which is in storage in Worksop.

I can't think of any other option for a purpose built block of Secret Seven Windmill, Uncle Quentin's study with integral secret door to a part built secret passage...

Any thoughts?
Viv, is it worth advertising them on eBay? Even if it was free but collection/ delivery paid for by the customer it must be better than landfill.
Last edited by Jack400 on 09 Feb 2021, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.
Society Member
Ice_Gemz
Favourite book/series: The Folk of The Faraway Tree

Post by Ice_Gemz »

I wonder if Seven Stories in Newcastle would be interested in them? They sound ideal for an exhibition, which I believe Seven Stories has the capacity, and articles for.

I assume the items in question are only suitable for internal use?

I am gutted to not have visited Dorset until 2019, which was of course too late to visit the shop, as I would have loved to visit.

Is there much in the way of smaller articles Viv, that could be sold on to Forumites or listed on eBay?
Dinah Cunningham
Favourite book/series: Adventure Series and the Famous Five
Favourite character: Everyone of the Adventure Series, George, Timmy

Post by Dinah Cunningham »

I can't help either, but have a question, especially for those who weren't able to visit.

Could you build it somewhere and make with a camera a virtual tour, so that those who couldn't see it, have a chance?

And I'm also angry that I didn't know your shop existed in 2006 when I was learning English in Bournemouth...
Bill: "I don't know what to say. You're only kids — but you're the finest company of friends anyone could have. You know the meaning of loyalty already, and even if you're scared you don't give up. I'm proud to have you for my friends."
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

So sad really, it's also sad whenever I'm in Corfe and there is no Ginger Pop Shop.

Times change, sadly, and things move on and not always as we want them too.

Hope you can find a happy home for the exhibition stuff, Viv, or as someone else has mentioned - Seven Stories.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Post by Jack400 »

Dinah Cunningham wrote:I can't help either, but have a question, especially for those who weren't able to visit.

Could you build it somewhere and make with a camera a virtual tour, so that those who couldn't see it, have a chance?

And I'm also angry that I didn't know your shop existed in 2006 when I was learning English in Bournemouth...
Yes a virtual tour would be great, Dinah.
Society Member
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

So, we are in Plan B for Covid.

The Ginger Pop Shop has also been working on a plan B - and a special Lockdown Survivor 2021 Ginger Pop badge! 8)

http://www.gingerpop.co.uk/

Viv

ps - if you respect what I am doing, please promote the Ginger Pop website :D
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Looks great Viv. I'll peruse it in more detail later on.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
MysteryMagic
Favourite book/series: The Secret Island / FFO
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by MysteryMagic »

Hello Viv, I have read this thread with interest, as I ran my own secondhand bookshop for 40 years, closing in 2013. I wish that I had known of your shop as I would have loved to have visited it. I’ve looked at your website too, well done, and I wish you luck with your endeavours to free us from woke!
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

Thank-you MysteryMagic. What part of the world are you from?

My company, Ginger Pop Limited, is the smallest of small businesses. It has two subsidiaries, Ginger Pop Publishing and The Ginger Pop Shop.

When I heard about the advertising boycott of GB News before the station had even begun broadcasting, I decided to find out about placing advertising for my book, Exploring Englishness.

I am now in the peculiar position of being banned from the Free Speech tv station I wanted to support for, er, expressing my own Freedom of Speech. :? :twisted:

There is no problem with the advertised product, namely a book I wrote when the shop at Corfe closed called Exploring Englishness. It is to help our new British citizens on their integration journey. It was approved by Clearcast, the arbiters of Good Taste when it comes to tv advertising.

However, the tv advert directs viewers to the Ginger Pop Publishing website to make their purchases. At the bottom of this webpage I list my other subsidiary, The Ginger Pop Shop, which sells golliwoggs as an act of defiance against WOKERY. (I believe that Gollys are the good guys - please see my video Good Golly - the toy that fought fascism)

Furthermore, in the section about the shop-keeper, I admit that some people might consider me to be racist, islamophobic, transphobic and a murderer!

I thought that any reasonable person would dismiss that proposition as tosh, but not apparently GB News or Sky Media! :lol: :cry:

Here is the link to Ginger Pop Publishing website – the tv advert is at the bottom of the page about the author. You will see that there is no reference to the Ginger Pop Shop in the tv advert
https://www.gingerpoppublishing.co.uk/

Here is the link to the Ginger Pop Shop
http://www.gingerpop.co.uk/

If you respect what I’m doing, please send the links to anyone who you think may be interested.

For me, selling gollies was never just about the Rights or Wrongs of a rag-doll. It was for the very Right to say "I don't agree with your opinion because of these facts".

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017