Dr Who

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
HeatherS
Favourite book/series: Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by HeatherS »

moonraker wrote:There is a wonderful Wadworth's pub here, The Blue Boar - right on the village green.
Nigel, you seem to be the world's foremost authority on English pubs!

Have you studied the subject, or is it just lots and lots of practical knowledge? :D
Heather
"Have you held your breath in wonder, at the sky so dark and deep?" - Enid Blyton
http://www.heathersblytonpages.com/
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Wow, did like the second part of the 'ood' episodes.

Who else guessed what would be behind door 9.2?
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

HeatherS wrote:
Have you studied the subject, or is it just lots and lots of practical knowledge? :D

The latter! The British traditional pub is a unique establishment. Real Ale is one of my passions in life. I hasten to add, that it's quality rather than quantity!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Wow, what did you think of Saturday's Doctor Who. I couldn't believe it when the Daleks appeared at the end. This has got to be one of the best ever stories. A two-parter with the Doctor's two deadliest foes in combat. Can't wait for the climax! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Society Member
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

moonraker wrote:Wow, what did you think of Saturday's Doctor Who. I couldn't believe it when the Daleks appeared at the end. This has got to be one of the best ever stories. A two-parter with the Doctor's two deadliest foes in combat. Can't wait for the climax! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Am beside myself at the prospect.... tres tres superb!!!
Tony Summerfield

Dr Who

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Agreed, a fitting climax to the series and we know that Billie Piper is going to die as well!!!

I thought the episode a couple of weeks ago was very lame, it had almost nothing to do with the Doctor at all.

Looking forward to Saturday.

Best wishes
Tony
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

Thanks, all, for the spoilers! Us poor people in other parts of the world who have to wait for Doctor Who will just have to try and wipe our memories...

:evil:

(Nah, it's okay really.)
Moonface

Post by Moonface »

I thought the episode featuring Peter Kay was highly disappointing and felt like nothing more to me than a weak filler. :( They were filming 3 episodes at once and that was soooooo evident in my honest opinion. The awful, non-funny 'chase' scene at the beginning of the episode was toe-curling. I realise the episode was centred around a Blue Peter competition and Peter Kay's request ( see below) but nevertheless it was not up to standard!

I quote:
"Casting of Peter came about after he wrote me the most brilliant letter to say how much he'd enjoyed series one of Doctor Who," said series producer Russell T Davies, who has penned Kay's episode. "From that point on we started talking about a guest appearance. However, this is not a comedy turn - Peter is a versatile actor." :roll:

Some actresses / actors appear not to be able to throw-off previous roles; Peter Kay and for that matter Pauline Collins (Queen Victoria) are two which spring to mind.
Moonface
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Perhaps comedians/actors should stick to the genre in which they excel. It just goes to show that it is the extremely high standard of writing and direction, coupled with the regular, talented cast, that makes this programme the phenomenol success that it is.
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Just seen the final episode. Wow, this is the best DW story ever, what more can I say, all emotion is drained from me, I am rendered speechless................ :|
Society Member
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

I taped it and have just watched it - unbeatable I'd say.... Truely fantastic, nice touches throughout...

Roll on Christmas :lol:
Moonface

Post by Moonface »

10 out of 10.

I shall miss the talented Billie Piper/Rose Tyler.
Moonface
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Post by Viking Star »

Yes Billie Piper was great.

Having said that, I don't want to set any false hares running, but a while back I thought I read that she would be appearing in some episodes of the next series. The Daleks keep coming back even though they're all supposed to be dead so I guess it wouldn't be too hard to bring Rose back.

Not sure how they will top the storylines of the last episode (won't go into detail as don't want to spoil it for Keith!). :)
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

Viking Star wrote:Not sure how they will top the storylines of the last episode (won't go into detail as don't want to spoil it for Keith!). :)
FAR too late for that! :)

It doesn't really matter, since I'd go mad if I deliberately tried to avoid any Doctor Who forums, websites, etc. I enjoy looking at the BBC site, and also at Sci-Fi Channel, which is more important to me because it tells me when things are on here. I also log in to the GallifreyOne website occasionally, although that site has almost TOO much information. You dip your toes in and then think, this'll take forever to wade through, I'll come back another day...

It's funny, but my brother (in England) was telling me about The Catherine Tate Show, which I'd never heard of. It just started showing here, on BBC America, so I now have the series TiVoed. Now I hear that Tate, who was apparently in the last Who episode, might be the new companion!

I also read, in my SFX magazine, that K-9 has been given a facelift and is getting a new TV show, aimed at kids (quite rightly). Anyone seen the new K-9 pictures?

Old:

New:

So, overall, how does Tennant rate against Eccleston? I'll bet he's much better. Hopefully not so much of the "Fantastic!!" going on.
Moonface

Post by Moonface »

[/quote]
So, overall, how does Tennant rate against Eccleston? I'll bet he's much better. Hopefully not so much of the "Fantastic!!" going on.[/quote]

It was certainly a big plus point in my favour that I had never viewed either of the actors before they each took up the role of The Doctor. I have since watched 'Casanova' starring David Tennant in the lead role and that leads me to presume that he is sadly a one trick pony, in as much as Casanova is The Doctor and The Doctor is Casanova ! :roll: I think he is quite fanciable as The Doctor, but I wouldn't give him a second glance when he sports a rough beard is often scruffily dressed and speaks in his real accent, that being Scottish. :( Sex appeal = nil.

I'd say both actors excel in the role, for various reasons, which in itself is fortunate because I think it would spoil my viewing if I was constantly thinking, " Oh dear ! This new doctor isn't a patch on the last one!"
Moonface