Time for Tea

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Katharine

Re: Time for Tea

Post by Katharine »

Stephen wrote:.... now have two cups of Twinings Green Tea a day for health reasons. Apparently green tea helps to slow the advancement of cataracts.
That's interesting. I quite like green tea but have got out of the habit of drinking it.

I think perhaps I'll restart as there is a history of cataracts in my family, so if there's any possibility of lessening my chances of getting them, I'll try it.
Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Re: Time for Tea

Post by Courtenay »

Unfortunately I don't like the taste of green tea, however healthful it may be, so I'll stick to my Twinings Lady Grey. :wink: Or peppermint. Or lemon and ginger... the Twinings version of which is more like lemon and gingeAAAHHHHH, as it has quite a kick if you make it fairly strong.

I fairly recently discovered (after only 8 or so years of living in this area!!) a lovely tea room by the river in the next village to ours, Eynsford, about a mile away — half an hour's walk. Of course it's been closed during the current and previous lockdowns, but the owners are now running a caravan behind the shop with takeaway tea and coffee and snacks, open over the weekends at least, so I'm still visiting that when I can. I was planning to walk over there this afternoon but got held back by an unexpected situation at work and it was getting dark by the time I was free again... oh well, another time!
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)