Where does everybody come from?

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Raci

Post by Raci »

LuvMyBlyton wrote:Hi! I want to say where I'm from, but I don't want to be 13 on the list LOL :wink: ! Is it ok if I skip to #14 :oops: If not, please check my profile :)
:) I wouldn't worry to much :)
Officially 12 should be 13. There are 2 names on number 2. LOL!
Hope you don't mind Stephen :)
LuvMyBlyton

Post by LuvMyBlyton »

Thanks! :)

1- England (Enid Blyton)
2- Australia (booklover & Heather)
3- New Zealand ( Ali)
4- England-Yorkshire(George@Kirrin)
5- England-Yorkshire/Teesside border(Lulie)
6- England-Yorkshire(Raci)
7- North Wales(Gareth)
8- West of Ireland (Neasa)
9 - South of England - Dorset (Viv)
10 - South Africa (Errol)
11 - Kent, England (Steve Alpe)
12 - England-Berkshire/Buckinghamshire border (Stephen)
13 - Salisbury, in Southern England. (moonraker)
14- Canada--Southwestern Ontario (LuvMyBlyton-Lorraine)
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

General natter

Post by Viking Star »

I'm really surprised there is nobody from the far east .

I have a google alert for Enid Blyton (does anyone else do this?)(something comes up every day)and most of the emails are links to India (in particular) and other countries such as Singapore and Malaysia.
noddy13

Im new...so here goes

Post by noddy13 »

Rather astonishingly, someone(Viking Star) mentioned (in just the previous post) that there was no one from India. Im greatly surprised that Im the first.. (or is there another somewhere..?). As far as Im concerned, Ive spent many a dreamy hour lost in one of my old Enid Blytons, and at 42, it becomes ever more imperative for me to discover moments of peaceful nostalgia in an otherwise chaotic existence. So much so that Ive decided to make the long journey from South India for the society's day, but I did mention to Tony that I was afraid I'd be too old. He has duly allayed my fears in that regard, with some amusement I suspect, and I dearly hope I can take back some priceless memories!

When my time is up, Id probably like to be swept down the river of adventure, with Noddy and Tessie bear for Company, and Ive always harboured a secret love for Silky the Fairy. Id rather not meet the Goblin and his aeroplane on the way, but if he does magnanimously deposit me gently on the top of the faraway Magic Tree, to live out the rest of my days, surrounded by Enid's books, I think Ill live happily forever...!!!
Viking Star

Where does everybody come from?

Post by Viking Star »

How poetic.
Raci

Re: Im new...so here goes

Post by Raci »

noddy13 wrote:Ive spent many a dreamy hour lost in one of my old Enid Blytons, and at 42, it becomes ever more imperative for me to discover moments of peaceful nostalgia in an otherwise chaotic existence. So much so that Ive decided to make the long journey from South India for the society's day, but I did mention to Tony that I was afraid I'd be too old. He has duly allayed my fears in that regard, with some amusement I suspect, and I dearly hope I can take back some priceless memories!
Hi Noddy13 Welcome to the forums! :D
Nice to see you jump in and make yourself at home :D
I don't think anyone is to old to enjoy EB books and relive their more peaceful childhood times. Have a great time at the EB day :D I only wish I was able to make it!
noddy13

Post by noddy13 »

Hi Raci... yup.. even a shy boy like me gets to feel at home in the Blyton world.. thanks for your welcome
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

Here's another new location (number 15):

1- England (Enid Blyton)
3- New Zealand ( Ali)
7- North Wales(Gareth)
15 - USA-Georgia (Keith Robinson)

(Also, to my embarrassment I see that I'm one of a very few, perhaps the only one for all I know, who has a personal photo as an avatar -- and I thought I was being so good, updating my profile and all. Come on, you lot, if we all want to get to know each other then how about showing your faces? Just upload a tiny photo 100 x 100 pixels...)
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Keith Robinson wrote:
(Also, to my embarrassment I see that I'm one of a very few, perhaps the only one for all I know, who has a personal photo as an avatar -- and I thought I was being so good, updating my profile and all. Come on, you lot, if we all want to get to know each other then how about showing your faces? Just upload a tiny photo 100 x 100 pixels...)

Lovely pic Keith (even if it does make you look like David Brent)!

This forum has always leant towards members using nom de plumes, myself included. I started using moonraker on my son's forum (he is a musician) as I didn't want to be known a "Simon's Dad". I used the name Big Ears on my other son's site (also has his own band) for the same reason.

Obviously here, most people know my real name and I don't use moonraker for reasons of anonymity - it just kind of stuck. In fact, on the Yahoo! Forums, most people use their real names (me included).

The point that I am eventually getting to (!) is that if I had a mug shot as my avatar, the mystery of the Wiltshire Moonraker would be somewhat lessened.

Has the time come to not use nom de plumes?
Society Member
Moonface

Post by Moonface »

1- England (Enid Blyton)
3- New Zealand ( Ali)
7- North Wales(Gareth)
15 - USA-Georgia (Keith Robinson)
16- England, a Londoner,now living on a beautiful moorside in West Yorkshire (Moonface)
Moonface
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

moonraker wrote:Lovely pic Keith (even if it does make you look like David Brent)!
What do you mean, it makes me look like David Brent? I look nothing like David Brent! Take a good long look again and tell me honestly... do I look like David Brent to you?? :D
Moonface

Post by Moonface »

I am a BIG David Brent fan :lol: So I'm not complaining :lol: :lol: :lol:
Moonface
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Keith Robinson wrote:
moonraker wrote:Lovely pic Keith (even if it does make you look like David Brent)!
What do you mean, it makes me look like David Brent? I look nothing like David Brent! Take a good long look again and tell me honestly... do I look like David Brent to you?? :D
Let us be the judge!

http://tinyurl.com/fwagy
Society Member
Viking Star

Where does everybody come from

Post by Viking Star »

Why wasn't I on the list?

Of course if anyone wants to see what Keith really looks like, they can take a peek on his website: http://www.enidblyton.net

David Brent without the hair? :D
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Re: Where does everybody come from

Post by Keith Robinson »

Viking Star wrote:Of course if anyone wants to see what Keith really looks like, they can take a peek on his website: http://www.enidblyton.net

David Brent without the hair? :D
... only not as pudgy, not quite as old, and not nearly so embarrassing in public (I hope). Also, I never worked at a paper merchant, although I did work in an office for fourteen years...

Oh, and hey, it's all very well you making fun of me, but where's YOUR picture, eh? You cowardly custard! Afraid you look like one of the other cast of The Office? Eh? ;)
Viking Star wrote:Why wasn't I on the list?
You have to add yourself to it -- just copy-paste it into your own post and add yourself to the bottom.