Usernames - Why did you choose yours?

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
One Of The Five
Favourite book/series: Famous Five,
Favourite character: George and Timmy the Dog,

Usernames - Why did you choose yours?

Post by One Of The Five »

I was just wondering about the origins of members user names. I chose mine because I always wanted to be 'one of the five' I adored the Famous Five books when I was child and spent many hours living in their world, as an adult I often read my FF books when I'm feeling stressed and in need of chill time.
'Timothy is my very greatest friend' said George
Seymour Glass

Re: Usernames - Why did you choose yours?

Post by Seymour Glass »

Seymour Glass is a character featured in several short stories by J. D. Salinger (most famous for writing The Catcher in the Rye.) Most of these short stories are reflections of Seymour by his younger brother Buddy, as Seymour committed suicide at the age of 31 in 1948. He was very intelligent (began university at 15), very philosophical and artistic and poetic, very gentle and quite eccentric.
"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants and slide on the ice." Sidney Freedman, character from M*A*S*H
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

My user name is because my house is called 'Owl's Dene'. Five Get into Trouble is my favourite Famous Five book. :D

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

My name is Fiona and I was born in 1986 and I couldn't be bothered being any more inventive than that. Wish I had been though!
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Aurélien
Favourite book/series: Book: The Boy Next Door / Series: Famous Five
Favourite character: Noddy

Post by Aurélien »

Why do I not use my real name much on the web?
Guess I'm one of those ultra-cautious oldsters who (having been bitten once or twice) prefers to surf and post under a username. Okay, personality clashes are fairly minimal in these forums, but unfortunately the same can't be said for the entire web.

Why ‘Aurélien'?
'Cos it's nothing at all like my real name. Actually, I use variants of ‘Aurélien Arkadiusz’ at several different websites. Even use the same avatar on sites where I've uploaded one.

It's not that I'm hiding, exactly, but if anything nasty should erupt in my face I have the option of quietly withdrawing.....without having to worry 8) about hate-mail, letter-bombs or incoming tactical nuclear warheads.

Just put me down as a wary old bird. [Moi, paranoid? :shock: How could you!]

‘Aurélien Arkadiusz’
murphy
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five/The Adventure Series
Favourite character: Dick/George/Philip

Post by murphy »

Mine is just the name of my cat, not very inventive!
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

One Of The Five wrote:I was just wondering about the origins of members user names.
Good question, I cannot quite remember the origins of my user name Petermax, as it bears no relation to my real name. It possibly started as an email alias back in the late 1990's. When I signed up to this forum, little did I know that there was already someone else with a very similar user name (Peterkin). With hindsight I would have chosen an entirely different pseudonym had I known. :lol:

I am happy to say that Peterkin is still with us, but under a very different name altogether! :D
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Hmmm who is Peterkin then? Lucky Star is the name of the motorboat in The Sea of Adventure which was the first book I ever read on my own. I have never forgotten the awe I felt at the thought of careering across a vast, island studded sea in a comfy and powerful motorboat. When I decided to join the forums I realised that I needed a username and it was the first Blytonian name to pop into my head.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Laura
Favourite book/series: Five Find Outers, Adventure Series.
Favourite character: Fatty (so original!)

Post by Laura »

My story is really boring, I'm afraid - my name is Laura, there wasn't anyone with that username using the forums, and I am terribly unoriginal when it comes to names. Perhaps I should have chosen a more interesting one, though.
Society Member

Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it himself.
auscatherine

Post by auscatherine »

Mine is too boring and obvious to even explain. I am thinking of changing it though - to Dame Washalot as I seem to spend an awful lot of my free time washing. I also LOVE the idea of pouring dirty washing water onto my enemies! :twisted:
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Aurélien wrote: Okay, personality clashes are fairly minimal in these forums...
Just as well, eh? :D

I chose Moonraker on another forum (my son's then band's forum, as I didn't want people to know I was his Dad!). Since then the name has stuck, and I am Moonraker on two or three others, but it is here that I mainly focus my interest.

People who were born in Wiltshire are known as moonrakers, so it seemed an apt name.
Society Member
lizarfau
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George

Post by lizarfau »

Mine's my first name followed by my other initials. Plus 'au' because I'm in Australia.
Aurélien
Favourite book/series: Book: The Boy Next Door / Series: Famous Five
Favourite character: Noddy

Post by Aurélien »

:) No problem, Moonraker. 8)
lizarfau wrote:Mine's my first name followed by my other initials. Plus 'au' because I'm in Australia.
*Wipes forehead* Whew! That's a relief, lizafau....I was a tad worried that you just might be a relation of the dreaded 'FroggyFrau'.... [Don't ask, as it was years ago on another website.]

‘Aurélien Arkadiusz’
Shanku
Favourite book/series: Mystery Series, Malory Towers, all Fairy Stories
Favourite character: Alicia, Fatty, Bets & Timmy!

Post by Shanku »

Shanku was my nickname as a child and it still instantly brings to life the memories of all the hours and hours spent reading Enid's books. So, Shanku it is. :D
...and there, hidden among the leaves, was Peronel. She had beautiful golden hair and was dressed in silvery white with silver wings on her back.

Society Member
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Ming's my name. :)

Society Member