Sorry dudes :)

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Yak
Favourite book/series: St Clare's/FFO's.
Favourite character: Fatty/Claudine

Sorry dudes :)

Post by Yak »

I've been unnecessarily irritable lately I think ... been a hellish first week to the New Year and then some.

Maybe I should stick to the less contentious threads in the forum *grins and hands round macaroons*
http://europeforum.freeforums.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Moonraker

Re: Sorry dudes :)

Post by Moonraker »

I can hardly criticise, old thing; I may have been a bit 'tetchy' too at times! ["Surely not, I hear you all shout!"]

I must say though, that I have been a bit alarmed at the undercurrent of hostility that I have noticed on the forums since Christmas. Maybe we all had too many mince pies?

Still, as long as we all remain friends is what matters.

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Spoken like a true Blytonite, (is there such a word!!)

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Aurélien
Favourite book/series: Book: The Boy Next Door / Series: Famous Five
Favourite character: Noddy

Post by Aurélien »

Hey, Moose/Yak, :) I never doubted your sincerity in your recent postings, or your wish to make this funny old world of ours a better place. The only reason Aurélien (usually) doesn't come over as a cantankerous old git is 'cos these days he's r-e-t-i-r-e-d, and thusly able to get plenty of (beauty, nah!) sleep in between postings.

*Wondering: Will we see a new, suave, sophisticated Moonraker after he retires in 210/11?* :) [Only kidding, Nigel. :wink: After all, since that discerning lass, Ming, approves of you...]
Kitty
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers/Malory Towers
Favourite character: Alicia, Fatty, Gwendoline

Post by Kitty »

Yak wrote:I've been unnecessarily irritable lately I think ... been a hellish first week to the New Year and then some.

Maybe I should stick to the less contentious threads in the forum *grins and hands round macaroons*
Sure you aren't Darrell Rivers in disguise? :wink:
Gwendoline lay down, angry. She determined to make herself miserable and cry.
Yak

Post by Yak »

*grins*

On the subject of macaroons - sort of - I must say I was bitterly disappointed the first time I had one ;). Hmm that gives me an idea for a new thread.
http://europeforum.freeforums.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

My apologies also if any of my comments have caused any offence. We are a diverse and lively crowd on these forums and I dont think this place would be half as good if it were otherwise. The main thing is that we all hang together in the end secure in the knowledge that we are equals united by a shareed love of the worlds greatest author. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

Same here. I just love a healthy debate! No hard feelings: it's what keeps the site alive: people all coming together with different opinions! :D
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Moonraker wrote:I must say though, that I have been a bit alarmed at the undercurrent of hostility that I have noticed on the forums since Christmas.
I have noticed this as well. The long nights, the weather, the future, and the return to normality for another twelve months all take their toll.
Yak

Post by Yak »

Yeah .. it's not a nice time of year, all things considered. You get back into the normal routine and then all of a sudden you realise that it's gonna be at least three months till Spring and even then (if you live in the UK at least), the weather is likely to be lousy.

On a plus note, I read somewhere recently that 09 is predicted to be one of the hottest summers on record.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Yak wrote: On a plus note, I read somewhere recently that 09 is predicted to be one of the hottest summers on record.
It's also going to be the last whole year that I am in full time employment. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!
Society Member
Yak

Post by Yak »

Any plans for retirement? :)
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I plan to semi-retire on my 60th birthday, September 2010, that is to say I will do half the shifts I do now. I guess I will have more time to annoy people and to do other things that give me tremendous pleasure. :D
Society Member
peppermint peppy

Post by peppermint peppy »

Nothing against a proper pinch of original black humour and a kick against tremendous drippy maudlin. :wink:
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Moonraker wrote:I plan to semi-retire on my 60th birthday, September 2010, that is to say I will do half the shifts I do now. I guess I will have more time to annoy people and to do other things that give me tremendous pleasure. :D
How I envy those who are taking retirement, there are so many things to do that one will probably be more active than ever. Alas, I have another 17 years to go.