Sorry dudes :)

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Re: Sorry dudes :)

Post by Ming »

Yak wrote:On a plus note, I read somewhere recently that 09 is predicted to be one of the hottest summers on record.
Yikes!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I know I feel the cold more than others, but sheesh! Last summer was bad enough - I'm now dreading 2009's summer! :roll:

But at least I'll get a lot of mangoes... yum. :lol:

Society Member
Philip Mannering
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure Series and Family Novels
Favourite character: Fatty and Jack Trent.

Post by Philip Mannering »

Yes, mangoes are a good reason for fondness towards the summer season. :lol: It is my favourite fruit, pity it comes only once a year and only in the summer season.

As we all know, we are suffering from global warming in every country. The summers are so hot and so cold! Funnily enough, in The Secret of Killimooin the Queen of Baronia says the same; it seems that Enid already knew the dangers that Planet Earth would face in future!! :lol:
"A holiday — a mystery — an adventure — and a happy ending for dear old Barney!" said Roger. "What more could anyone want?"
"An ice cream," said Snubby promptly. "Who's coming to buy one?" The Rubadub Mystery
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Last summer we didn't get mangoes at all - neither lychees! Only a few - we could count how many there were. :roll:

Mangoes are my favourite fruit too - I used to say each summer when I was a kid, that "I could eat all the mangoes there are in the bazaars!" :o

And I'm still sure that, if my parents would let me buy so many, I could. :lol:

Society Member
Philip Mannering
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure Series and Family Novels
Favourite character: Fatty and Jack Trent.

Post by Philip Mannering »

So could I -- if only they didn't spoil. :(

It's refreshing to drink mango juice or milkshake in the summer too. :)
"A holiday — a mystery — an adventure — and a happy ending for dear old Barney!" said Roger. "What more could anyone want?"
"An ice cream," said Snubby promptly. "Who's coming to buy one?" The Rubadub Mystery
Yak
Favourite book/series: St Clare's/FFO's.
Favourite character: Fatty/Claudine

Post by Yak »

Relax Ming .. I think that that prediction applied only to the UK ;). And as you've been in the UK in summer you will know just what a British summer is like! Personally when I read that prediction I made a mental note to buy a new umbrella.

I don't think I've ever had fresh mango.. I've had mango juice tho. I would guess that, though they're available here, the ones we get here would be far inferior to the ones you are able to get there which must be straight off the tree into the market :)
http://europeforum.freeforums.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;