Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Samuel

Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer

Post by Samuel »

I just saw this book Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer listed on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Cherry-Cake-Ginge" target="_blank ... 742&sr=1-1
According to the two customer reviews, there are several Enid Blyton type of recipes listed in the book.

Blessings

Samuel
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Re: Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer

Post by Lucky Star »

Very interesting. Thanks for that. Welcome to the forums by the way. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Moonraker

Re: Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer, Find-Outers and Dog

Post by Moonraker »

As well as Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer, the complete Find-Outers novels are available for only £12.99 from The Book People.

There seem to be some bargains here, of course, they are all new editions!

All Blyton Titles
Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Re: Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer

Post by Lucky Star »

The FFO boxset appears to be £14.99 now. Its still agreat offer for anyone who wants to buy nice new copies of the series. I dont really like that cartoon style cover though, it could be just me but I feel that cartoon characters make the books look trivial somehow. The original illustrations had weight and gravitas and a feeling that an exciting mystery story lay within. I'm sure the texts have also been updated. I'll still stick with my old grotty editions.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member