Tearoom Revival

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Tearoom Revival

Post by Lucky Star »

According to the link below the financial crises gripping the world have led to a revival of the Tearoom. No doubt The Find-Outers and the Famous Five would heartily approve. :lol:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/b" target="_blank ... 849365.ece
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Re: Tearoom Revival

Post by Ming »

The link is not working, LS. You have to include BBCode, I guess, for the link to display properly.

Society Member
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Here is what is probably the the correct link. Strange things do sometimes happen to URLs on this forum. :)
The Times

Most of the villages in my part of the world boast some very good tearooms.There is no greater ceremony than a decent pot of tea and plate of scones. :D One can sit there and imagine a certain group of four well spoken children and a dog to wander in at any moment. :wink:
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Thanks for correcting the link Petermax. I really am a dunce at this sort of thing. :roll: Where I live unfortunately there are no teashops at all. A couple of standard cafes but nothing Fatty and Co would recognise. Very sad.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

We haven't got a tea room in our village either. If we had I always wonder whether it would get as well used as the tea rooms seem to do in the soaps, such as Emmerdale. Their tea room gets well used, and most of the customers, live so close that they could go home and have a cuppa. :lol:

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member