A Most Unlucky Day (Share ur experiences, too!)

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Somita
Favourite book/series: Enid's books,Twilight Series,A Little Princess etc
Favourite character: George, Timmy, Jack, Dick & WANDERER(the host)

A Most Unlucky Day (Share ur experiences, too!)

Post by Somita »

That day (22 September) was Monday, my least liked day of the week. I woke up quite late. Even though I was late, I had to bathe because I hadn’t bathed since past 3 days. This work takes nearly 40 minutes to me, so I was late for breakfast. After breakfast, I had to finish some of my homework, as I hadn’t completed it the night before due to a party. Then I got dressed for school. One of my socks disappeared just then and I had to rummage through my room for it. :?
When at last I was out on the road, some cement from a house which was under construction, fell on my head. I hurried back to my house & had another shower. By this time, I was very late indeed for school. Dad couldn’t drop me because he had already left for office. So, I decided to catch a bus but the bus of that shift had already left, so, I walked all the way to school (it usually takes 20 minutes from home). I was almost 15 minutes late for school assembly & reached the assembly hall just as the school prayer finished. The principal scolded me bitterly for being so late. He even noticed my dirty shoes (when do u think I would have time to polish them??) & commented on them. In the 3rd period, I got a scolding from my teacher because I had forgotten to take my assignment copy. In front of the whole class, too! :oops: That was humiliating. Some of the students even snickered at me. SO terrible! :cry:
I had my lunch in the school cafeteria and went to roam around near the school football field. I was just praying that no more misfortunes would come to me when a football hit my right leg. I limped to the school dispensary to get my leg checked but doctor was had gone out that moment. I got very angry & snappy and nearly had a fight with my desk partner. I returned home in a bus. There is five minutes’ distance between bus-stop & my home so I had to walk that distance. Just as I was about to reach home, a bicycle ran over a puddle of water and splashed me. :evil: The guy on the bicycle apologized but I glared at him and cursed him under my breath. No more miss-happenings occurred to me after that. Looked as if the “unluck” was satisfied enough by making me miserable. It was truly a most unlucky and horrible day to me. :x

P.S: I was leafing through my diary to see if I had any interesting experiences to share in the forums and found this. That day (the day which described above), I was very miserable but when I read about it now, it felt very funny. :lol: Do any of u have such experiences? If so, why don't u share them here? :D
Last edited by Somita on 07 Oct 2008, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
Boodi
Favourite book/series: The Six Cousins & The Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Susan Longfield & Ern Goon

Re: A Most Unlucky Day

Post by Boodi »

Hard luck Somita! What a truly dreadful day, although as someone once said to me: "Don't complain, it could have been far worse"!!
"I mean - unless you saddle and bridle and groom your own horse, it isn't a real horse!" (Jack Longfield, Six Cousins at Mistletoe Farm).
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Just what I was thinking Boodi!!

Somita, your day almost reminded me of a Noddy story - maybe Anita will know the one I mean!

It is said that you make your own luck; true to a certain extent, but I can't see how you could have helped what happened to you on that day! A well written post though; thanks for sharing it with us! Incidentally, what on earth do you do in the bath to take 40 minutes?
Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

We all have those sort of days Somita.

Whilst I was out walking the fields with my dog Mogan the other day, he caught site of another dog, and pulled me around so quickly that he literally knocked me off my feet. I fell face down, and was quite stunned for a few seconds. No one was around to help me, and at my age to fall over with such a bang, does shake you up slightly. Fortunatley we were in thick grass so it was like falling onto a carpet. Good job we weren't on the pavement :lol:

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

A lucky escape, Julie! :lol:

Somita, that was a well written post. Most entertaining! I can't think of any unlucky days at present (I can think of many lucky!) but if I do I'd be sure to share here.

Society Member
Somita

Post by Somita »

Moonraker, I was guessing somebody would ask that question! Well, I have to wash my hair (which is long and thick, so, it takes a long time) at least 2 times and if I am using conditioner, 3 times! Come on, forumities! You must have had at least one interesting experience. It needn't be unlucky, it can be adventurous, moody, anything!
Ming

Post by Ming »

:lol:

I've got very long and thick hair too, and I can make do with 2 washes, but it never takes me 40 minutes! My mother doesn't take that much time either, and she's got hair down past her knees! Maybe you just like the water. :wink:

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Ming wrote::lol:

I've got very long and thick hair too.........
In that case, I should only be in the bath for a couple of minutes. Hair past your knees????? I've got hairy knees; is that the same thing?
Society Member
Ming

Post by Ming »

:lol: :lol:

Just missed one word, and the whole thing sounds so different. What a post.

On second thoughts, maybe my English just sucks badly. Wow, and here I'm thinking of taking English literature for my O-levels. :roll:

Society Member
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

Somita wrote: I was very miserable but when I read about it now, it felt very funny. :lol:
My uncle always says that the worst things that happen to you make the best stories afterwards. I think your post proves the point!

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
bilgewaters
Favourite book/series: Secret Room/Hidden House.
Favourite character: got to be Bets

Post by bilgewaters »

I'm with you Moonraker,my hair goes past my knees too....on it's way to the floor!oh well,you can't have everything! Think of the money I save on shampoo .
When I'm grown up I won't forget the things I think today.
Somita

Post by Somita »

Moonraker wrote:
Ming wrote::lol:

I've got very long and thick hair too.........
In that case, I should only be in the bath for a couple of minutes. Hair past your knees????? I've got hairy knees; is that the same thing?
bilgewaters wrote:I'm with you Moonraker,my hair goes past my knees too....on it's way to the floor!oh well,you can't have everything! Think of the money I save on shampoo .
:D :lol: :) :wink:
Viv of Ginger Pop wrote:
Somita wrote: I was very miserable but when I read about it now, it felt very funny. :lol:
My uncle always says that the worst things that happen to you make the best stories afterwards. I think your post proves the point!

Viv
That turned out to be quite true, Viv!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Ming wrote::lol: :lol:

Just missed one word, and the whole thing sounds so different. What a post.

On second thoughts, maybe my English just sucks badly. Wow, and here I'm thinking of taking English literature for my O-levels. :roll:
I hope you're not fishing for compliments, old thing. And, what's the missing word? :?
Society Member
Ming

Post by Ming »

I'm not the most patient of explainers, Nigel, can't do it, sorry! :lol:

By the way, Eid Mubarak to everyone, especially Anita. :D

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Ming wrote:I'm not the most patient of explainers, Nigel, can't do it, sorry! :lol:
And there I was looking forward to eavesdropping on a bit of Ming/Moonraker banter! :lol:
Ming wrote:By the way, Eid Mubarak to everyone, especially Anita. :D
Thanks, Ming. Eid Mubarak! :D

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member