George goes to A&E... Again...

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
George@Kirrin

George goes to A&E... Again...

Post by George@Kirrin »

"What a to do" said George as she sat in A&E waiting to be seen

George had been at work when on a job her fingers got crushed by a door hinge on a strong self closure thingy, "Gosh, dear me that hurts!" said George at the time, before accepting she had better go to hospital...

The kind Dr had a look and confirmed to George that one of her fingers was broken...

George sighed, If only Timmy had been with me, she thought, still, on the bright side she could spend a day or two watching the television series of her and the rest of the five gallivanting and fighting crime while she recovers...
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Re: George goes to A&E... Again...

Post by Lucky Star »

Oh no that sounds extremely painfull Zoe. You seem to spend rather a lot of time injured what with horses kicking you and Doors slamming on you.....better be careful you dont get kidnapped and held in a caravan. :wink:

seriously I hope the pain has subsided by now and that you're back to normal soon. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Ouch - sounds nasty, Zoe. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Our son broke his arm (top bone, part of which also twisted round) at his school fete last Saturday and I was in and out of hospital with him for a few days while they kept X-raying him, changing his plaster casts, etc. Then, on Thursday night, the doctor phoned and asked us to bring him in the next morning for an operation. Having studied the X-rays, they'd decided the bone needed pinning after all. He had the operation yesterday, I stayed in hospital overnight with him last night and he was allowed home this morning. Hopefully things will go okay for him now and he seems to be in less pain than he was last week. It is a nuisance for him being in plaster though.

Hope you're managing all right, Zoe, having only one hand fully functional.

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Hope you're hand gets better soon G@K, best remedy is to sit at home as you say, watching the F.F and reading the books. :D

Hope your son gets better soon too Anita. Sounds like he had a really nasty break. Young bones do heal quickly though, so I'm sure he'll soon be running around on the mend.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Some people attract dogs, some people attract cats. The Famous Five seemed to attract adventures, and Zoe seems to attract accidents. :wink:

Hope you get better soon, Zoe, that sounds like a nasty break. Get well soon, old thing, but enjoy the time reading FF!

Glad to hear your son is in less pain now, Anita. Is he reading Blyton books to keep him happy? And eating delicious hot chocolate? :)

Society Member
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Oh dear! G@K what have you done to yourself?!! :D

Hope you get better soon!

Anita- Sorry to hear about your son! Hope he get's better soon! Still I'm sure he'll love to have time off school! :D Young ones normally do! :wink:
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
Susie

Post by Susie »

George feel better soon! I've just been thinking; you might need a personal page turner for all those books you will be reading, and with your finger being out of sync for some time I don't mind offering! :) Seriously I feel for you! How long will it take to get better?
There is always something else new to learn.
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Heh, Susie, you're hired!!

Thanks for all the wishes

I've got all the F5 and most of the S7 on unabridged audio so am listening to them - though already I'm nearing the end of book 3...

Dr says 4 to 6 weeks to heal, so I'll be office bound till then, tis my writing hand though so I'm not much use to anyone (according to my boss anyway!)

I'd just been getting my horse fit for our first show jumping competition of the year - this Wednesday... I'm debating about going but my sensible side is, for once and most oddly, winning at the mo...
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

OUCH. I once had my hand trapped in a car door, but a security door... I'm suprised you've a hand worth saving G@K !

Sounds like you've had a rough month Anita; broken window, broken arm... lets hope things wont happen in threes!

Best wishes to you all

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Viv of Ginger Pop wrote:Sounds like you've had a rough month Anita; broken window, broken arm... lets hope things wont happen in threes!
I probably phrased things badly as it wasn't our window that was broken, but our neighbour's.

Our son is enjoying Dr. Who books and magazines, and has been in a lot less pain since having the operation. Before he had the operation, the doctors said they weren't sure whether he'd be staying in hospital for one night or two. Our son said he hoped it would only be one night - otherwise he might miss Dr. Who!

Glad the Famous Five and Secret Seven are helping you through, Zoe!

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
peppermint peppy

Post by peppermint peppy »

No-not this again :? *sigh

It reminds me a little bit of doing slow self mutilation .Missed a pic. :lol:
Anyway ,get well soon and pull on parts of knight's armour next time.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

The arm of the law may well be long, but not much use without its fingers, eh? Put the remote away, old thing, turn of the telly and get out some books. I would prescribe reading the complete Find-Outers' series. That may well speed up the recovery of your finger, or at least make it seem quicker, and may well help to cure you of your obsession with the Famous Five!

Get well soon, old girl.
Society Member
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Post by Viking Star »

Owwww!

You poor thing. I fell over something at home at the weekend and hurt my little finger. Not broken (I think), but all swollen up, and so sensitive I can't even put my left hand in my trouser pocket. It's amazing the things I'm hampered from doing ie. getting the cap of a new carton of milk.

Of course your injury is much worse than mine, but I can emphathise with you a wee bit.

Definitely no horseriding for you, surely! :shock:

Hope it's on the mend soon!
This is a Green Knight Book which means that it is a book by one of the most popular authors of all.
Susie

Post by Susie »

[quote="George@Kirrin"]
Heh, Susie, you're hired!!
[quote]

Great :D When can we begin? It's like when I used to play the piano my mother used to turn the pages for me, it was either a little too early or late. :P What you need is someone to invent a page turner, when you want the page turning your press this button and "hey presto" it turns over.
How you managing to turn the pages or type? Hope it's healing nicely!
There is always something else new to learn.
Bannerman65

Post by Bannerman65 »

Darn. I'm late again. :( I wanted to take care of George@Kirrin.

How's the DCI, by the way? Is the DCI anything like DCI Jack Meadows, in The Bill?