Society Website Summit

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Barney
Favourite character: Timmy, Buster, Loony & Scamper

Society Website Summit

Post by Barney »

That's me, being lectured by Keith, Anita and Tony about how to answer on the Message Board. Rabbiting on when I know it all already and would much rather get on with the picnic! Big yawn!! :roll:

Hey, we're in the sub-tropical gardens of Rough Hall (I thought it was ruff too, as in "ruff! ruff!", but they tell me it's pronounced as in 'though' not as in 'tough'), hopefully about to enjoy a nosh up. :D

Hope you like my avatar, if a fellow is in charge of a Message Board he has to look official! :lol:
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Society Website Summit

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

LOVE the avatar! Great to see you posting, Barney. :D Ah, happy days...
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Post by Viking Star »

Are you sure you're not all in Mrs Hilton's garden? :)

Keith looks as though he's been told off for driniking all the ginger beer! :wink:
This is a Green Knight Book which means that it is a book by one of the most popular authors of all.
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Great picture, Barney! Now where have I seen that hat before? :wink: :lol:

Society Member
Viking Star

Post by Viking Star »

Anita Bensoussane wrote: Ah, happy days...
Well they would be happy with you scoffing all that food Anita! Why didn't you give poor Keith any! :D
This is a Green Knight Book which means that it is a book by one of the most popular authors of all.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

Heh - suppose it does look as if I was the only one actually eating anything! :roll:

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Heh, knowing you, you probably prepared most of it! Like Ming, I do seem to have seen that hat somewhere before..... :? Seeing that you don't travel too far now, Barney, I suppose the summit was held not too far from Salisbury?

As a matter of interest, it seems to be an official summit between the three main Blyton groups, Yahoo (of which Anita owns), EnidBlyton.net (Keith) and the Society (Tony, with right-hand men Keith & Anita!) Could there be a boardroom coup on the cards?

Great to see you posting on the forums, Barney - I agree with all, that is a great avatar!
Society Member
Viking Star

Post by Viking Star »

Moonraker wrote:As a matter of interest, it seems to be an official summit between the three main Blyton groups, Yahoo (of which Anita owns), EnidBlyton.net (Keith) and the Society (Tony, with right-hand men Keith & Anita!)
I've never been on the Yahoo site. Is Anita the head honcho there? How many other empires does she have? :D
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Viking Star wrote:
Moonraker wrote:As a matter of interest, it seems to be an official summit between the three main Blyton groups, Yahoo (of which Anita owns), EnidBlyton.net (Keith) and the Society (Tony, with right-hand men Keith & Anita!)
I've never been on the Yahoo site. Is Anita the head honcho there? How many other empires does she have? :D
Not just the head honcho, she owns it. It is a Yahoo Group, which is really just a list of posts, they are not split into threads, just are displayed as they arrive. Unfortunately, you have to register before you can view the posts, which to me, seems a tad unproductive. It is worth a look though!

Incidentally, are we to get a full report of the SWS, or is it top-secret?
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Moonraker wrote:Incidentally, are we to get a full report of the SWS, or is it top-secret?
I hoped that Barney was going to write a full report, but he seems to have run out of energy after the strain of his morning post as he is now relaxing in the sun in his very own jungle.

Actually apart from Barney's briefing, we didn't really achieve much. It was such a nice setting that we just relaxed in the sun and enjoyed a feast of a picnic. Aren't we hopeless, we should have had Viv there to organise us, she's the expert on picnic activities.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Tony Summerfield wrote: Actually apart from Barney's briefing, we didn't really achieve much. It was such a nice setting that we just relaxed in the sun and enjoyed a feast of a picnic. Aren't we hopeless, we should have had Viv there to organise us, she's the expert on picnic activities.
Maybe she would be available for a future Summit? I am sure then you can expect a whole load of activities! :mrgreen:
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

Viking Star wrote:
Can a female be a right-hand man? :?

Regarding the Blyton Yahoo Group, I'm merely the latest-recruited joint owner. I don't post anywhere else these days other than this site and the Yahoo Group - that's all I have time for.

Barney says that, once he's had his daily walk and a forage in the jungle, lying in the sun being fed tasty titbits is activity enough for him!

Anita

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Great to see you Barney, such a handsome chap :D Love the avator.

At one point I did register on the Yahoo Group,Anita, but couldn't get the hang of the layout :?

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

Julie2owlsdene wrote:At one point I did register on the Yahoo Group,Anita, but couldn't get the hang of the layout :?
It is a very different set-up. I receive the messages as emails rather than reading them on the site - I find it easier that way to keep track.

Anita

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Julie2owlsdene wrote: At one point I did register on the Yahoo Group,Anita, but couldn't get the hang of the layout :?

8)
I'm registered on there as well but I cant get into the hang of it at all. I much prefer the format of this MB where you can clearly follow a conversation and see your own contributions in the correct order if that makes sense.

Barney certainly looks well, his new position of authority evidently agrees with him. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member