Society Website Summit

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Re: Society Website Summit

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Same! But I'm still registered there and still recieve the threads, mainly because I can't remember my Yahoo login, to change things! :shock: :? :lol:

BTW Love the Picture Barney
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:
Can a female be a right-hand man? :?
Hmm...depends! It is a common misconception that man can only be male. The word man is the stem of mankind, and can also be found in a non-gender way in human, chairman and indeed woman. One of my major grumps is this ridiculous way in leaving off the man suffix to appease feminists and the ignorant. The worst case is chairman. As with human, it doesn't necessarily denote a male person (although traditionally the role of chairman has been male). Apparently these women (wow - they've got men in their name now) would rather be called a piece of furniture than have any reference to man in their titles. Yet theses same women are more than happy to take the male forms of words such as actor, author and indeed guy (rather than gal).

Enough to make me manic.
Society Member
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

Viking Star wrote:Keith looks as though he's been told off for driniking all the ginger beer! :wink:
Yes, I do look a bit frowny here, don't I? I was probably deep in thought trying to work out how Barney manages to type with those big paws of his. Or does he put a pencil in his mouth and peck the keyboard with it? It's still a mystery to me. But it didn't seem to matter once I'd had some more of Nigel's 6X beer. :D

I have to say, though, that Nigel and Jane's garden was an excellent setting for a Blyton Website Meeting, even though we hardly discussed websites at all. Nessa and Lily enjoyed themselves too. Thanks for making us feel welcome, Nigel and Jane! And thanks also to Tony for allowing Anita and I to peek into his house of adventure!
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Glad you're home safe and sound, Keith.
Keith Robinson wrote:I have to say, though, that Nigel and Jane's garden was an excellent setting for a Blyton Website Meeting, even though we hardly discussed websites at all. Nessa and Lily enjoyed themselves too.
Yes, Rough Hall proved an excellent place to spend a sunny afternoon and food always does taste so much nicer out of doors. Who could possibly talk about websites when they could be examining book collections, looking for frogs in the pond, playing hide-and-seek and eating cream meringues with raspberries?
Keith Robinson wrote:Thanks for making us feel welcome, Nigel and Jane! And thanks also to Tony for allowing Anita and I to peek into his house of adventure!
Yes, thanks very much indeed. The whole day was quite an adventure!

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

It was an honour and a great privilege to open the grounds of Rough (that's a mediaeval spelling of Rowe) Hall to the great ambassadors of Enid Blyton. It was no mean achievement to invite and realise a gathering of the most important people involved with Blyton's work at Rough Hall.

Of course, centre stage went to the amazing Barney - it was a pleasure to entertain you, old boy.

Spitty that our Bangladeshi Ambassador couldn't make it, though.

Incidentally, noticing Keith's vacant looks, I next offered him Greene King Abbot, at 5% ABV, it made him much less focussed! Nessa managed quite a few pints of Abbot, with no side effects. They breed 'em tough in the deep South!
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Keith Robinson wrote:And thanks also to Tony for allowing Anita and I to peek into his house of adventure!
House of Adventure! More like the Land of Topsy Turvy! :oops:
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Tony Summerfield wrote:
Keith Robinson wrote:And thanks also to Tony for allowing Anita and I to peek into his house of adventure!
House of Adventure! More like the Land of Topsy Turvy! :oops:
More like The Secret Museum! :twisted:
Society Member
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

It's Tony's I Wouldn't Call It A House house!!! :mrgreen:

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Tony Summerfield wrote:House of Adventure! More like the Land of Topsy Turvy! :oops:
But what a gloriously thrilling riot of Topsy Turvyness! :wink:
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Tony Summerfield wrote: House of Adventure! More like the Land of Topsy Turvy! :oops:
Sounds like it should be at the top of The Faraway Tree. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member