Gladiators new series - my PE teacher a contender!

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Anna Moss

Gladiators new series - my PE teacher a contender!

Post by Anna Moss »

I'm sure you've heard about the new series of gladiators! Well, guess what! My PE teacher got to be one of the two female contenders in the new series! So me and my class along with two other classes in my school were invited to the filming of the new series at shepperton studios! :D When we walked in, the producer told us that because we were a school, children with screaming voices supprting our PE teacher, that WE were going to be on telly an awful, awful lot! The show was amazing! I will not tell you who won, or the results but I shall leave it as a suprise! The eluminator was so tense, we were just screaming over and over again for liz ( our PE teacher). We are not entirely sure what episode that were filmed in , but it may well be, as the producer said, the first episode. Gladiators starts at 7:00 pm, 11th may ( The day after EB day!) on Sky one. If you see a bunch of screaming-their-heads-off kids waving blue flags which say 'Babington house school' on them, being waved frantically then you'll know its my school! My PE teacher in Gladiators is the one in the red, called Liz. We had great fun and by the end of the day, our throats were raw with being asked to scream over and louder again for the filming. We all chimed in with the referee, Jhon's well-know scott accent : contender rrrrreaaday...gladeeator...reaaaadayyy...thrrree... twoooo...ooonee
REAAAADDDDAYYYY! By the time we got back to school where our parents collected us, it was 11:30 pm , what an exciting day! :)
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Re: Gladiators new series - my PE teacher a contender!

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Sounds like fun Anna! :D
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Haven't got Sky so I can't watch it but I'm glad you had such a great day out!

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Anna Moss

Post by Anna Moss »

:( shame but they might replay it one another channel. Have you ever watched Gladiators before, anita?
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

My daughter Sarah used to love watching the gladiators when it first came on. Her favourite gladiator was Wolf and Scorpio. I guess the new series will be just as loved by the young ones. How wonderful for you Anna to be able to watch one of the episodes beging filmed, and to cheer on your teacher.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Anna Moss wrote:Have you ever watched Gladiators before, anita?
I sometimes used to watch it but haven't seen it for about 15 years now - before you were even born, Anna! :)

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

How times have changed, back in my day there was a very clear division between pupils and teachers. Somehow, I cannot visualise my old PE teacher, a hardened ex Royal Marine being cheered on by his young charges. :)
Anna Moss

Post by Anna Moss »

I completely now what you mean, but I just wonder why there was that kind of division?
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Divide and rule - rule with a wooden cane, fear, bullying and derision. The good old days???
Society Member
Anna Moss

Post by Anna Moss »

oh right. I get it. How can you cheer and scream for someone who caned you and the class and who threw a blackboard rubber at you :)
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Moonraker wrote:Divide and rule - rule with a wooden cane, fear, bullying and derision. The good old days???
Anna Moss wrote:oh right. I get it. How can you cheer and scream for someone who caned you and the class and who threw a blackboard rubber at you :)
Ah yes, the blackboard rubber sailing serenely through the air leaving behind a trail of chalk dust, before hitting its target with deadly accuracy. This was usualy preceded by small pieces of chalk thrown at those who were not paying attention. Happy happy 1970s schooldays. :wink:
Anna Moss

Post by Anna Moss »

was it accurate most of the time, then? I doubted that they would manage to hit their target. If you ducked to avoid getting hurt, would you get told off?
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

After many years of frequent practice the accuracy was spot on. Many of my teachers were veterans of World War 2 and the Korean War. It was in fact the younger teachers who were more vicious and would lash out in fury at every perceived slight. (slappings galore!) Their actions were probably sackable even back then, but no-one complained for fear of parental wrath. The culture was very different in the late 70s/early 80s, think Life On Mars/Ashes To Ashes! :wink:
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

My old Maths teacher had an infallible method of dealing with daydreamers. He would take the classroom sweeping brush and walk to a precise spot a few feet from the offenders desk. He would then turn up the brush so that the tip of the handle balanced in his palm. The brush would of course keel over and the daydreamer would leap several feet in the air as the brushhead crashed down on his desk just inches from his nose. The teacher never missed either. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Anna Moss

Post by Anna Moss »

oh dear :) did this happen to you then?