Christmas - it's all about ...

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Petermax

Re: Christmas - it's all about ...

Post by Petermax »

Aurélien wrote:Looking back it seems to me that the most memorable Christmasses are those involving children..
Absolutely! I will be viewing Christmas through the eyes of my younger niece and baby nephew who has just started to walk. :D :D

This time of year always brings back so many happy memories of past childhood Christmas celebrations going back to over 40 years ago. I used to love the constant procession of Grandparents, Uncles, Aunts, Cousins, and friends of the family through the front door.
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

I think as you get older, Christmas's are all about when you were kids. That's the beauty of having grand children. I've had my grand children here this morning whilst their parents went shopping. The tall tree fascinated them, they loved the lights all around the rooms, and loved looking into the windows of the ornamental village church with the lights inside, and the lanterns I have lit with scented candles. It's lovely to see their little faces, and gives us just as much joy watching them as the joy they get. :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE ON THE FORUMS AND ALL THE BEST FOR THE COMING NEW YEAR.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Boodi
Favourite book/series: The Six Cousins & The Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Susan Longfield & Ern Goon

Post by Boodi »

I would like to take this opportunity to wish a very HAPPY CHRISTMAS to everyone on the forums and ALL THE BEST FOR 2009!!!

Unfortunately we are not going to have a white Christmas this year either! We had snow until Friday last (19/12) but it turned to rain on Saturday and the temperature has risen and is now +7, so all the snow was washed away by the rain!! However, that is not unusual, as we normally have mild weather at Christmas time.

Cheers,
BOODI
"I mean - unless you saddle and bridle and groom your own horse, it isn't a real horse!" (Jack Longfield, Six Cousins at Mistletoe Farm).
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

I think snow is something we all wish for at Christmas time, like in the old films and on Christmas cards, but I can hardly remember a Christmas with snow.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Philip Mannering
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure Series and Family Novels
Favourite character: Fatty and Jack Trent.

Post by Philip Mannering »

I have never seen snow in my life - though I would like to see it, if only for once. But the climate is impossible for it to happen where I live - it's too warm.

Wishing Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
"A holiday — a mystery — an adventure — and a happy ending for dear old Barney!" said Roger. "What more could anyone want?"
"An ice cream," said Snubby promptly. "Who's coming to buy one?" The Rubadub Mystery
Somita
Favourite book/series: Enid's books,Twilight Series,A Little Princess etc
Favourite character: George, Timmy, Jack, Dick & WANDERER(the host)

Post by Somita »

Hi all! Like Philip, I too have never seen snow in my life. I would have loved to play with snowballs. This time of the year is my favourite. Even though we do not celebrate Christmas in our house, I always go to the church and pray on this day.
Anyways, may your world be filled with warmth and good cheer this Holy season, and throughout the year.Wish your christmas be filled with peace and love.
Merry X-mas to all the forumities :!: :D