Sandwiches

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Ice_Gemz
Favourite book/series: The Folk of The Faraway Tree

Re: Sandwiches

Post by Ice_Gemz »

I worked in a sandwich shop for about 7 years (it was meant to be a stop-gap but I forgot to move on!) and there were a huge range of interesting combinations of fillings.
One of my favourites was crispy bacon, smoked cheese, tomato, and dijon mayonnaise.
Deejay

Post by Deejay »

Boatbuilder wrote:My dad would only eat bread/toast with jam or marmalade without butter, but from memory he always had butter on other sandwiches. Personally, I always have butter on bread/toast, although I have eaten toast and jam without butter but wasn't that keen on it (too dry) so went back to having butter as well.
I could eat toast and jam or marmalade without butter. Egg or cheese and toast is okay without butter also. In terms of sandwiches, I’d prefer them with butter but I could eat any filling, egg/ham/cheese etc without it.

Plus, with me being on a diet, it’s good to save on syns (Slimming World) when I can.
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Ice_Gemz wrote: One of my favourites was crispy bacon, smoked cheese, tomato, and dijon mayonnaise.
Mmmm.. That sounds lovely!
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Post by Boodi 2 »

Ice_Gemz wrote: One of my favourites was crispy bacon, smoked cheese, tomato, and dijon mayonnaise.
Mmmmmm! That does sound delicious.

With regard to butter, I actually don't use it for sandwiches as I think it makes them too "soggy", but I always have it on toast. However, if I am making sandwiches for one of my friends she insists that I put butter on her sandwiches, irrespective of the filling. It surprises me as she is very slim! In contrast, my husband has no problem eating his sandwiches without butter and I usually add a dash of mustard to meat sandwiches.
Society Member
IceMaiden
Favourite book/series: Too many to mention! All of them!
Favourite character: George

Post by IceMaiden »

Did anyone else have sugar sandwiches? Two slices of white bread buttered with sugar sprinkled all over it. Absolutely delicious :D

I couldn't eat bread without butter, it's got to have it to wet it up a bit and if it's really good bread it doesn't need to have anything else either. One of the best filling combinations I've tried is a Warbutons potato cake with a piece of cheese, sliced sausages, a poached egg and some ketchup on top. Potato cakes make super sandwiches :D
Society Member

I'm just an old fashioned girl with an old fashioned mind
Not sophisticated, I'm the sweet and simple kind
I want an old fashioned house, with an old fashioned fence
And A̶n̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶h̶i̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶l̶i̶o̶n̶a̶i̶r̶e̶
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Post by Boatbuilder »

I used to like sandwiches made with banana sprinkled with sugar when I was a child. :D
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member
Anne Gracie

Post by Anne Gracie »

-
Last edited by Anne Gracie on 30 Sep 2023, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
Anne Gracie

Post by Anne Gracie »

-