Pointless Registration

Important forum announcements.
ria ann
Favourite book/series: Famous Five,Five Find-Outers,St.Clares,
Favourite character: Timmy, George,Bobby,Claudine,Alicia

Re: Pointless Registration

Post by ria ann »

Welcome DazP :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Have fun in this wunnerful website!!!!!!!
Ria Ann
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Thanks, DazP. It's nice to hear from you. The Valley of Adventure is indeed a wonderful book.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I've just noticed something, on the "interactive island" page is does actually say

"Our feature-rich forums are very popular and full of interesting discussions. We would love to continue building our online community of Blyton enthusiasts, so if you haven't registered already, please do so and get talking!"

Ok, it doesn't say "register to read the forums" but if that's where people have entered the forums from they've got registration on their minds.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Zar Quon

Post by Zar Quon »

It's also a thought that it's a lot easier to keep track of things (as a lurker only) if you've registered. Thread subscription leaps to mind..........
Wolfgang
Favourite book/series: The children at Green Meadows/Adventure-series
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Wolfgang »

Fiona1986 wrote:I've just noticed something, on the "interactive island" page is does actually say

"Our feature-rich forums are very popular and full of interesting discussions. We would love to continue building our online community of Blyton enthusiasts, so if you haven't registered already, please do so and get talking!"
Well, the important thing is "get talking" :-). And you can't do that any more if you're not registered.
Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.
ria ann
Favourite book/series: Famous Five,Five Find-Outers,St.Clares,
Favourite character: Timmy, George,Bobby,Claudine,Alicia

Post by ria ann »

Also in the Society Website it says:

Our popular forums are chock-full of interesting discussions by Enid Blyton fans. You could be like Jack's annoying sister Susie and eavesdrop outside the shed window — or you could join in.Here are the latest topics on the agenda...
Ria Ann
Muminah
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers & Dog Series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Jack Trent & Darrel.

Post by Muminah »

At the beginning even I felt scared and shy to join the forums. But after going through everything, I felt that it's the best website ever!!! :D Most people register and are never heard of, I believe is due to lack of time or different circumstances. Once one reads an EB book anyone would drown in it's writing and want to know more. So if one is at the library and reads and gets that desire to know more about Blyton they log on and see the society and immediately register. And who knows whether they have the time or not to come back to the society again.OR some might have trouble expressing their thoughts, because I myself sometimes get muddled not knowing what to say although I have a lot to say in my mind.- Just a few thoughts. :)
Anyway there may be people who make it a habit of registering to every single society just for fun. :roll: :lol:
I myself have been away for quite a while as we moved houses. Still we have not settled in our new home. Lots more to do. I'm also having an exam in two weeks time.After that back to my EB books. :D
"How funny grown-ups are!"said Anne, puzzled."I'm quite certain I shall be thrilled to see a sliding panel or a trap-door even when I'm a hundred".
MsPinkwhistle
Favourite book/series: Faraway Tree
Favourite character: Mr Pink Whistle

Post by MsPinkwhistle »

I have just registered and thought I would say hello. :)
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

A very warm welcome :D

Please follow this link to the introduce yourself section - and click on New Topic - we'd love to know a bit more about you!

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/foru ... m.php?f=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Welcome to the forums, MsPinkwhistle. :D You'll find lots to enjoy on this great website!
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Oscar Spain
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: Julian (F.F.)

Post by Oscar Spain »

Maybe people thinks that, If they are registered they are member of the Society and only do it to access the Secret Passage...
Oscar P.
Film director / Writer / Medical Student
http://www.delcinealhospital.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yak
Favourite book/series: St Clare's/FFO's.
Favourite character: Fatty/Claudine

Post by Yak »

My guess would be spammers too .. I get quite a lot of them. Also as another poster said people sometimes lose the motivation or nerve even to post on a forum if they have to wait to be validated .. is it not possible to let people post before they are validated, even in a limited capacity?
http://europeforum.freeforums.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Yak wrote:.. is it not possible to let people post before they are validated, even in a limited capacity?
I don't know whether it's possible to allow newcomers to post only in a limited capacity. When these forums first started people were able to post without registering at all, but then spammers came along causing problems and things had to be tightened up.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Yak
Favourite book/series: St Clare's/FFO's.
Favourite character: Fatty/Claudine

Post by Yak »

It should be possible so that unregistered posters and unvalidated ones can post in, for instance, the intros forum but not post in the others before being validated :)
http://europeforum.freeforums.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anne.
Favourite book/series: Famous five
Favourite character: George, Timmy

Post by Anne. »

*kicks topic back up*
I have to admit that after I registered and introduced myself, I spent a lot of time reading everything that's been written on here. It's so much information and I don't want to ask questions that have already been answered and stuff. So then, after that my laptop crashed, but now I'm back!
[If I fail to come here a couple of times a week, admin, please do send me an email hahaha, I'm very enthusiastic but soo busy!]
But about the paypal-idea, I think that would create a border to become a member. For me, a Dutchie, well.. First off, I don't have pounds but second, I don't want to have to create a paypal account just for this. Sorry.
But it would be a good idea to clean up on non-active members, I guess. Other fora (forums? In English?) I used to be active on also did that and it cleaned the forum of spambots but also made usernames available that have been registered but were never used.