Molly B Thomson

Enid used many illustrators in her books. Discuss them here.
Faye

Molly B Thomson

Post by Faye »

I'm a librarian and have had an enquiry about a Molly B Thomson, I haven't been able to find out very much, except that she arranged and illustrated fairy tales and nursery rhyme books in the 1950's & 1960's. One lead mentioned that she had been employed as an illustrator by Enid Blyton, and I wondered if you good people could shed some light?

I had a look on Heather's website, but I couldn't see Molly listed there.

Many thanks for any help you can offer.
Faye House
Ask-A-Kent Librarian
Tel: 01622 696438
Tony Summerfield

Molly B. Thompson

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Hello Faye,

I have heard of Molly B. Thompson as a children's illustrator, but she definitely didn't do any illustrating for Enid Blyton, unless she worked as an uncredited illustrator (unlikely) on Enid Blyton's Magazine.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes
Tony
Faye

Post by Faye »

Thank you for the prompt response.
Faye House
Ask-A-Kent Librarian
Tel: 01622 696438
Sandgroper

Re: Molly B Thomson

Post by Sandgroper »

Molly B Thomson arranged and illustrated "The Three Little Pigs", a Kiddie Kut book published by Collins Clear Type Press. The book is 8vo, soft card, 16 pages with tops of pages cut in a wavy style and some pages with windows. The pictures are exquisite.. Printed by Brueder Rosenbaum, Vienna, Austria. My guess late 1950's. Other books in the series are - the House that Jack Built, the Bells of London Town, Fun in the Frozen North, Nursery Nonsense: the Three Bears, Jack and the Beanstalk,the Water Babies: the Sleeping Beauty, Hansel and Gretel, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.Each picture is signed MBT on the bottom right corner. The pictures are very distinctive and I do believe I had a nursery rhyme book that may have been illustrated by her. I can't find any reference to any other works. Hope that's of help.