Rene Cloke Illustration Fairyland?

Enid used many illustrators in her books. Discuss them here.
insanedoh

Rene Cloke Illustration Fairyland?

Post by insanedoh »

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is able to help me identify which book this Rene Cloke illustration is form? (it's not pixieland) I bought the watercolor and I would like to also have the book that it's from!

The seller says they bought it along with another illustration (with Rene Cloke's name on it) and on the back it said for "Enid Blyton's Fairyland" But there are a few of these, and I haven't been able to find any more information online as to which book if any it is from.
http://img.iwascoding.com/1/2010/11/30/ ... 86ED53.jpg

Thanks very much,

-Carly
Tony Summerfield

Re: Rene Cloke Illustration Fairyland?

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Hi Carly, that's a really nice illustration by Rene Cloke and I have given it quite a bit of thought but I can't easily see a Blyton book that it could have come from. The majority of Rene Cloke's Blyton illustrations were done for Dean or Award after Enid Blyton's death (1968). Some of these were line drawings, but a vast percentage were in full colour and I can't think of any book that would contain the partial colour printing that is in your illustration.

I have waited before replying to see if it rang a bell with someone else, but nobody has come forward which rather seems to confirm my first instincts. It is still a very nice illustration.
insanedoh

Re: Rene Cloke Illustration Fairyland?

Post by insanedoh »

Thanks Tony, that's what I suspected now I think too. Thanks very much, yes it's a lovely picture anyways :)