New Illustrators for EB's Books

Enid used many illustrators in her books. Discuss them here.
Sharon Foo

New Illustrators for EB's Books

Post by Sharon Foo »

Sorry for my nasty comment here...but I find nowadays illustrations on EB's books are darned ugly and making EB's books look so dull and boring. If that's how they scribble around the books, than I rather ask the editors to forgo any pictures and just leave the text by itself. With my own imagination, I think I can create much nicer illustrations while reading the book through my mind than those illustrators with their so call 'drawings'! hahaha.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sharon Foo :roll:
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Re: New Illustrators for EB's Books

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, Sharon Foo. My preference for most of Enid's books are the originals, but then being a child of the 50's they're bound to be. I think it depends on the year when you started to read and enjoy the books as to the preference of the covers etc. Sort of what you grew up with :D

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

For example I love the Amelia Jane and Faraway tree illustrations from the 1970's 'Dean' versions: Rene Cloke? rather than the originals, though I do like the originals now too. I also (shock horror!! :oops: ) used to prefer the Betty Maxey illustrations of the 'Five' until I got used to the Eileen Soper ones!
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
georgina 37
Favourite book/series: The Magic Faraway Tree
Favourite character: Dame Slap

Post by georgina 37 »

i illustrated enid blyton 30 years ago,wich is considered modern.they have been reprinted 2012 and are considered,gentle and innocent....nothing horrid about them,see The Magic Faraway Tree :)