Nature Plates and Bible Pictures

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
blerigo@aol.com

Nature Plates and Bible Pictures

Post by blerigo@aol.com »

My mother was a primary school teacher in the 1950s who displayed on her classroom walls sets of the Nature Plates drawn by Eileen Soper, together with Old and New Testament Bible Pictures. I have 59 out of 60 of the Nature Plates and both complete sets of 30 Bible pictures. The prints are approx 24x17ins and as they have all been wall-mounted at one time the edges have some marks, but the pictures are in good condition. In addition I have the 1949 reference book for the Old Testament plates and the 1952 book for the New Testament plates. I really hope there is someone out there who may be interested in acquiring these, some photographs could be provided as samples.
Gill Lerigo
Jomo
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George, Timmy, Anne

Re: Nature Plates and Bible Pictures

Post by Jomo »

Could you put up some pictures of some of the nature plates?
Last edited by Jomo on 21 Feb 2022, 04:20, edited 1 time in total.
“To grow up in intimate association with nature – animal and vegetable – is an irreplaceable form of wealth and culture.” 
~Miles Franklin, Childhood At Brindabella: My First Ten Years
Judith Crabb
Favourite book/series: Boys' and Girls' Circus Book/Adventure Series

Post by Judith Crabb »

According to Aussie Sue, when she purchased some from the UK some years ago she had to pay (unexpectedly) horrendous import duty, I think because they were regarded as art work not books, so take care Jomo.
Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

Jomo wrote: 19 Feb 2022, 12:32 Could you put up some pictures of some of the nature plates?
The nature plates are featured in the cave - one in each of the Nature Readers.
https://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/boo ... 28No.+1%29
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member