Rare Mixed Bag by Enid Blyton and Carey Blyton

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Rare Mixed Bag by Enid Blyton and Carey Blyton

Post by sixret »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mixed-Bag-by ... SwQGVc9mO6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

£9.99
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Re: Rare Mixed Bag by Enid Blyton and Carey Blyton

Post by Courtenay »

Ooh, now that's interesting — here it is in the Cave: https://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/boo ... =Mixed+Bag" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I knew Carey Blyton was a composer and wrote songs for children, but I didn't know he'd set some of his aunt's poems as well! I was amused and intrigued a while ago when I found out he composed Bananas in Pyjamas — a song that every Aussie kid grew up singing in the 1980s and '90s, as it featured regularly on Play School (the Australian version) and in our sing-along music sessions in early primary school, and eventually inspired a TV show. But apparently Carey got virtually no royalties from it, which is very sad.
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Re: Rare Mixed Bag by Enid Blyton and Carey Blyton

Post by sixret »

Thank you for the info, Courtenay. I was a kid who grew up in the 80s and 90s and Banana in Pyjamas was also popular here once upon a time although I hated it. :lol: