Enid Blyton's Birthday - Half Price Sale!

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Enid Blyton's Birthday - Half Price Sale!

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Yes, it seems to have gone but I'm not in a position to buy it at the moment anyway, thanks.

Thanks for the other link as well, Sixret, but whenever I do look for a copy I'll be wanting one with a dustwrapper. I got the other two books for £19 and £12 with dustwrappers, so I hope I'll be lucky with The Magic Faraway Tree too.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

So sorry Rob. I should have posted that my book arrived safely on Wednesday although since I was at work at the time I had to wait till yesterday to pick it up from the post office. I’ve left an eBay review for you. The book is excellent. Many thanks for the special offer and fast delivery. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

Thanks John! :-D I did check on ebay to see if all books had been delivered - one of the reasons I always send books 'signed for' is you can track them - and I noticed they'd attempted to deliver yours but no one was home! Glad you got it okay and it is acceptable! Not one of my best condition dust wrappers in some ways - but definitely a first edition! :-D
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member