Big Blyton Bonanza!

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Re: Big Blyton Bonanza!

Post by Courtenay »

I do, Sue. I'll PM you about it. :D
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Just to clear things up a bit - I've sold quite a number of these books now, but still have some available, which I'll list here. (A few of these are extra ones that weren't in the original list, as I hadn't yet decided whether or not to keep them.)

Five Go to Demon's Rocks, first edition, 1961. No D/J. Excellent condition.

Puzzle for the Secret Seven, first edition, 1958. No D/J. Very good condition.

The Valley of Adventure, first edition, 1947. No D/J. Overall good condition.

The Mountain of Adventure, third printing, November 1949. No D/J. Very good condition.

Five on a Treasure Island, 16th impression, 1963. Dust jacket in very good condition except for minor tears and creases, not price-clipped. Very good condition overall.

Five Go Off in a Caravan, 14th impression, 1965. Dust jacket in very good condition, not price-clipped. Book itself in fine condition.

Secret Seven Adventure, 7th impression, 1957. Dust jacket in good condition with some minor wear and a tear at the back, not price-clipped. Book in fine condition.

The Treasure Hunters, Collins, 1962 impression. Dust jacket price-clipped but in very good condition, only minor wear and tear.

Enid Blyton's Brer Rabbit Book, Dean & Son, 1963 edition. Dust jacket in excellent condition.

Enid Blyton's Tales of Toyland and Other Stories, Dean & Son, 1963 edition. Dust jacket in very good condition.

The Enid Blyton Book of Fairies, Dean & Son, 1967 edition. Dust jacket in excellent condition.

Bimbo and Topsy, Dean & Son, 1969 edition. Dust jacket in very good condition.

The Adventures of Binkle and Flip, Dean & Son, 1967 edition. Dust jacket in very good condition with only minor wear and tear.

Well, Really, Mr Twiddle!, Dean & Son, 1968 edition. Dust jacket in very good condition. Illustrator uncredited.

Tales of Long Ago, Dean & Son, 1965 edition. Dust jacket in excellent condition. Possible first edition.

The Adventures of Mr Pink-Whistle, Dean & Son, 1969 edition. Good condition.

The Magic Faraway Tree, Dean and Son, 1971 edition. Very good condition.

The Three Gollies, Dean's Rewards, 1987 edition. Excellent condition. (I did have an enquiry about this one from a forum member, but never had a reply to my subsequent PM - which was some time ago, so I'm now considering it still unsold.)
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Lotta
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, FF, House-at-the-Corner, Barney Books
Favourite character: Fatty, Bets, George, Barney, Claudine, Lotta

Post by Lotta »

Hi Courtenay,

Do you by any chance have 'Five on a Treasure Island' and 'Five Go Off in a Caravan' still available? :)
"Fatty - I feel honoured, straight I do! You're a friend - and I can't say more than that, can I?" "No, that's about the best thing anyone can say about anyone else," said Fatty, with one of his grins.
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

I'm afraid not, Lotta. I should have updated this thread, but it had been a long time since there were any responses and I assumed no-one else was interested. All the books I hadn't already sold went to an excellent local second hand bookshop a while ago. Sorry about that.
Society Member

Lotta
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, FF, House-at-the-Corner, Barney Books
Favourite character: Fatty, Bets, George, Barney, Claudine, Lotta

Post by Lotta »

No problem. I realised it was a while ago! Thanks anyway.
"Fatty - I feel honoured, straight I do! You're a friend - and I can't say more than that, can I?" "No, that's about the best thing anyone can say about anyone else," said Fatty, with one of his grins.