Posters in London

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Posters in London

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

Today I have learnt of a big campaign by VisitBritain, the official national tourist board for the UK, wich is entitled "Story Book Britain" and will encourage everyone to visit book locations.

Apparently it has already started, with big posters of Corfe Castle on the London Underground.

However, no-one in Corfe knows anything about it! I've only been notified because in a photo shoot last year I lent my sisters dog (a lurcher called Lucy) to play Timmy.

Has anyone seen the posters, or a similar brochure? We may be in the sticks down here, but if (hopefully) we are to be invaded by Blyton fans we would like to know what is going on!

Best wishes

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Poster in London

Post by Viking Star »

Sounds great Viv. I assume, as you mention your dog, that there is a reference/pic of the Famous Five on the poster?

I travel on London Underground every day so will keep a look out.

PS. I intend to pay a visit to Corfe Castle some time this summer :D
This is a Green Knight Book which means that it is a book by one of the most popular authors of all.
Mollybob
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure, Five On a Treasure Island
Favourite character: Philip, George

Post by Mollybob »

I'll keep an eye out too as I visit London fairly regularly (am going to Wimbledon in a couple of weeks time to camp out all night on the pavement)!

I'm also planning to visit Corfe Castle this summer. My boyfriend wants to go on the steam railway and I quite fancy a visit to your shop, so we thought we'd combine the two :D
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Mollybob & Viking Star

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

That's great, I'll look forward to meeting you.

Check out my web site http://www.gingerpop.co.uk for details of walks, book club etc.

The National Trust is still looking for volunteers to help with Enid Blytons Birthday Party on 11th August. No travelling expenses, sadly, but a free BBQ in the castle afterwards!

Best wishes

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Susan Webster

Re: Posters in London

Post by Susan Webster »

Are the posters of the famous five and secret seven. Malory towers, cheers sue Webster
Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

I can't remember now Sue. This thread is from 2006 so it's seventeen years ago now.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Susan Webster

Post by Susan Webster »

Hi have you any FF or SS posters in your shop. I do have nice poster of the famous five on my bedroom wall which I got from Germany 🇩🇪. Cheers sue Webster
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

If you look at Viv's signature, sadly her shop closed in February 2017, Sue.
Society Member