The Famous Five and Black Friday

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

The Famous Five and Black Friday

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Alright guys?

Now I'm not selling anything but I was browsing Amazon's Black Friday deals and I came across the Famous Five entire box set.

I didn't see a price, but thought I would share in case you have people In your lives who would benefit from such a lovely set of books to set them of on their Blyton Journey!

Here's the link;.http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1444907 ... QA0H53F3HD

Happy Shopping!
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Re: The Famous Five and Black Friday

Post by sixret »

Thank you for the link, Stef. Hope you will be more active in the forum. :D
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I got the set in a similar deal a year or two back. My set was the Millenium collection.
Society Member
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Post by MJE »

How do they expect to sell that set when there's hardly any information about it? I can't tell from that link what the edition is like - what the covers look like - who did the illustrations, or even if there are any at all.
     If I were to buy a modern set, the Millennium edition is the only one would even consider, as it uses the essential Eileen Soper illustrations and covers. I understand they have been updated for political correctness - but I suppose, sadly, that would be true of every edition today.
     I wonder if anyone will ever publish an editions of Enid Blyton's books with the original text restored, and a replica of the old covers, illustrations, and the like?

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

MJE wrote:      I wonder if anyone will ever publish an editions of Enid Blyton's books with the original text restored, and a replica of the old covers, illustrations, and the like?
I think they'll almost certainly have to wait until the books are out of copyright, Michael. Unfortunately copyright in the UK doesn't expire until 70 years after the author's death (it's 50 years in some other countries), so we'll have to wait until 2038... :(
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Post by MJE »

What a sad world we live in: money always takes precedence over the artistic integrity of a creative work.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member