Enid Blyton books for sale

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
steph

Enid Blyton books for sale

Post by steph »

I have many old children's books and annuals from the 1940's and 1950's including lots of "Noddy" titles and other assorted Enid Blyton books, plus some OLDER titles too which my mother used to own.
I'd like to sell them all but I believe the following items are particularly sought after:-
THE LADYBIRD ADVENTURES OF WONK SERIES
see-- http://www.theweeweb.co.uk/ladybird/ladybird_wonk.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
6 Titles in series 417 all with original dust covers.
The books are in my house in North Finchley, London, N12.
Steph Mob. 07956 406446
Tony Summerfield

Re: Enid Blyton books for sale

Post by Tony Summerfield »

The Ladybird 'Wonk' books are very nice and as you say of interest to children's book collectors. They are, however, nothing to do with Enid Blyton so I don't think that you are going to get much joy on this website. Some of the titles are much scarcer than others, but even so I think you would not easily find anyone prepared to pay £100 (each) for them, which is the figure suggested on your website.

I have got some of the books myself and for those that are interested, they are written by Muriel Levy and illustrated by Joan Kiddell-Monroe.
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Post by Poppy »

Yes, they look nice books, but I agree with Tony, that there might not be very much interest here! Everyone is so engrossed in their Blyton books!
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

You'd also get more interest here if you listed the Blyton titles, editions and condition so people could figure out if they're interested in what you have. Doubt anyone will phone a complete stranger on the off-chance they've got a book that's of interest.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
jessic311
Favourite book/series: St Clare's and The Famous Five

Post by jessic311 »

ENID BLYTON, ISLAND OF ADVENTURE , CASTLE OF ADVENTURE , THE SHIP OF ADVENTURE 2007 EDITIONS. All in very good condition. Sell or swap please get in touch if anyone would like.
steph

Post by steph »

Dear jessica311, Fiona1986, Poppy & Tony Summerfield,
Many thanks indeed for your very kind and helpful comments.
My apologies to all of you for not replying sooner but I did not appreciate how this forum operates and I did not realize that I had to to "log-on" to the site to see my responses. I thought I would just get e-mail's sent to me direct. Consequently I just posted another similar advert which of course is not necessary.
Anyway thank you all very much once again.
Kind regards,

Steph
insanedoh

Post by insanedoh »

Hi Steph,

How much are you after for the wonks?

I think You can turn on/off the notifications via email and subscribe to threats to receive alerts when there are replies.

Thanks,

-Carly
rachyl56tip26

Post by rachyl56tip26 »

Those books are a collection. How much do you offer?
Rachyl