21 1st Edition Famous Fives

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

21 1st Edition Famous Fives

Post by pete9012S »

Anyone like to hazard a guess as to what this collection will finally sell for tonight on ebay??

THIS IS A RARE COMPLETE SET OF FIRST EDITION FIRST PRINTING EDITIONS OF THE FAMOUS FIVE BOOKS BY ENID BLYTON PUBLISHED BY HODDER AND STOUGHTON FROM 1942-1963 ELEVEN COMPLETE WITH ORIGINAL DUSTWRAPPERS WHILST THE OTHERS HAVE REPRODUCTION COPIES OF FIRST EDITION JACKETS TO SIMPLY ENHANCE THE LOOK OF THE BOOK ON THE SHELF. THIS SET INCLUDES THE RARE AUGUST FIRST EDITION OF TREASURE ISLAND AND THE 21 BOOKS MAKE UP THE ENTIRE ORIGINAL FAMOUS FIVE SERIES THAT FEATURE THE GREAT ADVENTURES OF JULIAN, DICK, ANNE, GEORGE AND TIMMY THE DOG.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110983930488? ... 1438.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sale finishes tonight (09 Dec, 2012 22:34:06 GMT)

I'm going to guess they finish at around £847.67....what's your best guestimate?? I wonder which of us can guess closest! :D :D :D
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: 21 1st Edition Famous Fives

Post by Fiona1986 »

£520, no idea why!
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Francis
Favourite book/series: Mountain of Adventure / Adventure and Famous Five
Favourite character: George and Timmy

Post by Francis »

Probably good value for money at under £400 even if the rare early books don't
have their original dustwrappers.
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Eight of the books don't have the original dustwrappers including all the rare ones - not quite as great as it looks at first glance!
Ice_Gemz
Favourite book/series: The Folk of The Faraway Tree

Post by Ice_Gemz »

They went for £410.
I looked at this listing a couple of days ago, but was completely put off by the facsimilie dust jackets, personally I'd rather have the original DJ or none at all rather than a facsimilie one.

Not sure whether it's good value or not at £19.50 per book overall?
Maureen1954
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: All of the Famous Five

Post by Maureen1954 »

I had these books in my watchlist on ebay just for curiosity to see what they sold for :P
Tony Summerfield wrote:Eight of the books don't have the original dustwrappers including all the rare ones - not quite as great as it looks at first glance!
So true Tony and some people who could afford them at a higher price would have been put off!!

I was thinking around the 450-500 mark as well!!!
Famous Five Forever!!!
Zar Quon

Post by Zar Quon »

Ice_Gemz wrote:They went for £410.
I looked at this listing a couple of days ago, but was completely put off by the facsimilie dust jackets, personally I'd rather have the original DJ or none at all rather than a facsimilie one.

Not sure whether it's good value or not at £19.50 per book overall?
The facsimile DJs that turn up on ebay go for about £7.50 I think, inc post. And on a good day you ought to be able to pick up any of 'em sans DJ for a smidge less than 12 quid inc post...