Nice Golliwogs for Sale

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Maureen1954
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: All of the Famous Five

Nice Golliwogs for Sale

Post by Maureen1954 »

Just found these nice cheap Golliwogs from this ebay seller in the UK.....take a look at their other ones as well..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GOLLY-GOLLIW ... 500wt_1288

Definitely going to get 1 or 2 or?? :lol: :lol:
Famous Five Forever!!!
Moonraker

Re: Nice Golliwogs

Post by Moonraker »

Viv had a large selection for sale in her Poole branch - maybe they will be in the Sale?

http://gingerpop.co.uk/Golly_shop_Sept2011.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Society Member
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

What Sale? :?

All the decent stock is being taken to Corfe. We have got a Clearance Table at Poole, where bits and pieces that have had a couple of knocks are being sold off.

The Attraction at Poole closes on Sunday, and the shop closes on 2nd December. Corfe will be open through Deceber til Christmas - phone to confirm times! (01929) 477214 or (01202) 670504

Yesterday I put up a new notice by the Golliwogs - Photo fee £3.

I just got fed up with people who are too tight to buy one (starting price £2) taking pictures. The incident that really upset me on Sunday was the chap saying - I'm just e-mailing it to my grand-daughter, it will save me texting her. He had no intention of buying - how is a shop suposed to operate? :twisted:

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Ugh people like that annoy me too,Viv. We have a lot of teens and even pre-teens taking armfuls of party dresses and massive heels into our fitting rooms - they then dress up and take lots of photos for Facebook and leave without buying anything.

That means they've taken stock off the shop floor (that other people might have wanted to buy), taken up a fitting cubicle, been loud and annoyed genuine customers and then taken up my time putting it all back on the hangers.

It's fine to try on lots of clothes if you're genuinely hoping to find something you like... But what these kids do annoys me to no end.

I'd be charging a fee to them if I could get away with it :twisted:
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Fiona1986 wrote:Ugh people like that annoy me too,Viv. We have a lot of teens and even pre-teens taking armfuls of party dresses and massive heels into our fitting rooms - they then dress up and take lots of photos for Facebook and leave without buying anything.
That happened to Jane and our niece whilst shopping at Westfield Stratford. Jane asked the sales assistant why they didn't stop theses stupid girls from doing it. She shrugged her shoulders and said, "What can you say?"
I could have told her exactly what to say.
Society Member
Moonraker

Re: Nice Golliwogs for Sale

Post by Moonraker »

Viv of Ginger Pop wrote:What Sale? :?
I had assumed you would be having a closing down sale.
Society Member