101 eBooks Enid Blyton

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: 101 eBooks Enid Blyton

Post by Fiona1986 »

I feel like I am banging my head off a brick wall here.

I could open an eBay store if I wanted to, it wouldn't automatically make me any more reputable than anyone else.
Lots of eBay stores sell illegal stuff.

Out of intest, how much roughly, did you pay for over 100 ebooks? Considering they are around £3 to £4 EACH on Amazon, it must have been about £300 to £400 yeah? :roll:
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

This might explain things more:

"Other than the public domain books for the Kindle, many of the books on Ebay are illegal. You will find offerings of books by extremely popular, best-selling authors. I found one item that consists of six books for the Kindle by probably one of the most popular writers around, whose works sell millions of copies and are the basis for equally popular films. The six books are priced less than one of the books if bought legally through Amazon's Kindle store.

Not only are these books violating copyright law, but they also violate Ebay's own rules. According to one listing, "Upon checkout, we will email you a link for downloading your purchase." (Those are not the exact words, but they are close enough.) Yet, Ebay specifically prohibits this kind of purchase. Anything sold on Ebay must be a physical item, such as a CD with the files on them."

and this:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/downloadable.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
BookWorm19
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five / Gallianos Circus

Post by BookWorm19 »

Well like I said before, its the seller to blame if he is selling these books illegally, when i purchased them from the seller, I expected that he would have the resell rights to sell them on.

If the seller has agreed to the terms and conditions that he has followed all ebay rules and has obtainted the resell rights, then he is agreeding that he is selling them to the buyer legally. Unfortunatley if he has agreed to that but hes lying then obviously its illegal, but how would the buyer know that :shock: :?:
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Seems to me that the internet allows anyone to do anything, publishing wise that is! Regardless of copyright laws! As long as they're making money they just take a chance that no one is going to challenge them. And people like Amazon will only take notice if a surge of people complain, as they don't want to tarnish their reputation. Publishing houses must weigh up the prospect of how much it would cost to take these people to court and then decide not to bother! :roll:

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

As a youngster, I used to record the hits off the wireless - Pick of the Pops - instead of buying records. Is that any different to illegal downloads?
Society Member
Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

Yes - unless you were trying to sell your recordings for extra pocket money! I think radio presenters always talk over the start/end of songs these days - before downloads were big this was partly to stop people recording music off the radio and selling it.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

When I was young I really liked the Ultravox song 'Vienna'. I had to sit in the back of my dad's mauve Morris Marina (cold vinyl seats) until it came round on the Sunday top 40 chart show!
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member