Website

What would you like to see? All feedback and suggestions appreciated!
Rachyb

Website

Post by Rachyb »

Hi
I am a new user to the webite having just come across the Society. I have sent off an email to receive the journals and am hoping to start collecting Enid Blyton books for my neice, having loved and enjoyd them myself as a child etc.
Love the website, it would be great if there was a forum for people to have a general chat and get to know each other (or maybe i have missed it)
:) Rachyb
Matthew Roberts
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty and George

Post by Matthew Roberts »

Great idea, Rachyb. I will add a forum for general chatter and off-topic-ness.

As for your e-mail, I'm afraid we had a problem with the contact form and didn't receive it properly. The form has been fixed, so if you could re-send your message, we would be grateful.
Neasa

Post by Neasa »

Hi Rachyb!
Matt has added a new forum which you mentioned its called the Off Topic forum! :D
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Website

Post by Viking Star »

This is a fantastic website. :D It's like being in a sweetshop picking up all the bits of information people share. Tx! :D :D :D
SteveM62

Post by SteveM62 »

This is a fantastic website! It doesn't make the waiting for the Journals seem so long now. I love the weekly serial and the Enid Blyton monthly section.
How about conducting a poll to find out the ultimate top 10 (or 20,30...) Enid Blyton books?
Or inviting some of the members to write a review of some of the books featured in the database?
Keep up the good work.
Very impressed. Thank you.
Steve Markham
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Yes it is a fantastic website!

Have you checked out http://www.enidblyton.net where you will find loads of reviews, some written by people not a million miles away! :wink:
Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Follow the "Book Listing" link from the home page of this website and there are a lot of reviews also. A members top 20 is a great idea, how can we organise it?
Tony Summerfield

website

Post by Tony Summerfield »

And soon we will have a review of Hollow Tree House, when the current Journal has run its course Nigel!! I have now only got the Noddy books to add to the Book Listing, which will take it over a thousand books, but I agree with Steve that we could do with a few more reviews.

It has taken me many hours adding all the short stories and poems with their original source, but Keith's search facility is magnificent - you only have to remember one word from a book or short story and it should be possible to find it.

Once we have got the structure in place I will probably take the book listing forward - at present I have only gone to 1968, but it won't be difficult to go forwards from there at some stage.

I just hope that it gets good use to make all the work worthwhile.

Best wishes
Tony
Lenoir
Favourite book/series: FFO/FF. Five run away together, Most FFO books.
Favourite character: Fatty

Enid Blyton in April

Post by Lenoir »

I like the “Monthly Enid Blyton” feature. The poem and the extract from a book. And with the first rains of the season falling here, the poem chosen is apt.
Moonraker

Re: Website

Post by Moonraker »

Julie@Owlsdene wrote:It would be nice to be able to see and read some of the back Journals, that we can't buy from the Society,
I seem to remember that the early editions of the Journal were to be put up in the member's section of the website. I am sure I read somewhere (only I can't find where) that Tony had compiled them and they would soon be up for us all to see. I rather think that Keith is the one to do the IT bit, so maybe he has it in hand. I may have dreamt this, of course, but I don't think so. It would be a fantastic feature to be able to read these early editions, which are now out of print. I hope that if this has been forgotten, a gentle nudge may be all that is required! :wink:
Society Member