Felicity's Fifth Form

What would you like to see? All feedback and suggestions appreciated!
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Re: Felicity's Fifth Form

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

It's nice to see some comments about the continuation novel, as normally nothing is said about these novels for the Society members.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Carlotta King
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Barney, Secret Series, Famous Five
Favourite character: Bill Smugs,Lucy-Ann,Snubby,Mr King,Diana,Kiki,Paul

Post by Carlotta King »

I love reading them, I could comment more but it would end up turning into a marathon essay of everything I loved about it and I thought it would bore everybody! :lol:

I've been re-reading the Find-Outers these last couple of weeks or so in the evenings, as I haven't read them for ages and wanted to re-acquaint myself with them, and am just about to start on Hazel Dene Cottage, Julie, so I promise I will give you feedback :D
"Fussy Gussy! Polly, Polly, Polly-gize!"

Society Member
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Post by Poppy »

This is the first Society novel I've tried reading as a weekly serial, otherwise, as others have said, it's hard to wait a whole week to carry on with a novel. I tried to catch up with "Grey Heron", but it was rather hard as I started seven weeks in, or something, so I caught up afterwards, but unfortunately didn't comment, which I suppose is an easier task if you are only commenting in separate chapters. Of course it is nothing personal or to do with the story, Julie; you are a brilliant author!
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

I really enjoyed this weeks chapter - Felicity's new job sounds excellent! Looking forward to hearing more about how successful they are in the acting competition. What a marvellous idea! Penelope is becoming more and more awful, how awful of her to try and defuse Felicitys excitement. Anyway, looking forward to reading more. :D
Last edited by Poppy on 29 Oct 2013, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Carlotta King

Post by Carlotta King »

Agreed - another great chapter!
I think Felicity's new job will introduce a great storyline with lots of potential!
I think Penelope is setting herself up for an ear-boxing pretty soon! :lol:

Society Member
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Definitely! Reading this makes me want to read more about Malory Towers. Might have to get my collection out sometimes and read through. Or of course, there are the other sequels, too! :D

I must say, comparing Lisa's work with Pamela Cox's (author of Malory Towers and St Clares sequels) I rather like Lisa's more. I think he style is more alike Enids own, and she sticks to the correct era instead of floating into the 21st century now and again.
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Carlotta King

Post by Carlotta King »

I re-read all the Malory and St Clares books last Christmas while I was visiting my parents, and enjoyed them so much - I couldn't stop reading them! :) Everyone was playing games and doing things and I was just curled up on the sofa reading school stories - my dad kept saying "Are you reading AGAIN?!" :lol:

I haven't read Pamela's Malory Towers books but I have got the box set of St Clares and that includes Pamela's books. I started reading Third Form and I can't say I was that impressed, in fact I put it down to go and do something and haven't bothered carrying on, it just wasn't a page-turner like Enid's and Lisa's!

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Julie2owlsdene wrote:It's nice to see some comments about the continuation novel, as normally nothing is said about these novels for the Society members.
There is, in fact, a thread for The Mystery of the Grey Heron. However, Julie makes a valid point. Much seems to escape the forums, such as the Journal 51 thread, which quite a few of forum regulars didn't comment on.
Society Member
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Another interesting chapter ; Felicity seems to be doing really well with her new Job! I hope she goes on being so successful, but I doubt it will be easy! Murial remains me of Alma from the St Clares series ; I am interested to hear what trouble she will try and make for Felicity. Other than that, however the form seem to be just as enthusiastic as Felicity! I'm looking forward to reading more.
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Carlotta King

Post by Carlotta King »

Just caught up with this week's chapter, very interesting!
Like Poppy, I'm interested in Muriel - she sounds like a very stubborn and unhelpful person- it will be very interesting to see what mischief she causes!
It sounded like a great meeting, and all the girls were interested in the play - very promising! :D

Society Member
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Once again, I enjoyed the latest chapter of this entertaining serial. It was an interesting chapter and though I thought Penelope acted unacceptably, I am beginning to see through her tiring and unkind ways to see a worried, innocent girl suffering from her parents wealth. Though I understand the forms frustration, i think they should persevere and try and uncover whatever secret she may be hiding.
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Carlotta King

Post by Carlotta King »

Well well, a bit of a confrontation there!
Yes I think Felicity will keep trying to be nice to Penelope - even though she was so rude and nasty to her, Felicity realises that there is something going on, and will persevere, because that's the type of girl she is. It will be interesting to see if Penelope decides to perhaps confide in one of the girls, or if she carries on with her campaign and remains isolated!

I particularly liked the passage about the girls working in the school garden, it was nice to read about them deciding on plants and reading gardening books.

Society Member
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

This weeks chapter was another interesting one. It was certainly an action packed one. It was great hearing about a lacrosse game (I always enjoy these chapters!) and interesting to hear more about the play. I was starting to wonder if a similar feud is going to occur between June and Felicity with the girls' minds being elsewhere during gametime like in Fun and Games at Malory Towers (one of Pamela Cox's sequels). Anyway, I look forward to reading more next week. :D
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

As usual, I thoroughly enjoyed this latest chapter; Lisa does have a talent for finishing the chapter at the right place; to make you want to read more! The rehearsals seem to be going really well: apart from that tiresome Murial, of course; what a handful! I think both Felicity and Susan dealt with her well, however and certainly showed the rest of the form that no nonsense was going to be allowed. I look forward to next weeks chapter. By the way is it just me and Carlotta reading this, or is it just that it is only us commenting?
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Carlotta King

Post by Carlotta King »

I wondered that as well! :)
I shall look forward to reading this week's chapter, I've got to go out today but I shall enjoy it with my afternoon cuppa when I get back! :)

Society Member