Plea for a page from Goodnight Stories

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
JulieB

Plea for a page from Goodnight Stories

Post by JulieB »

Hello,
I've recently reclaimed a large pile of my childhood books from my parents (among them a good-sized collection of Enid Blytons) and I've been reading them to my children. I was distressed to find that in the interim, half a page had been torn out of Goodnight Stories - :shock: - and I wondered if there was anyone on here who had a copy of that volume who might be able to help me with a scanned copy or photo of the missing pages?

The torn page is from the "Simple Simon Goes Shopping" story (page 123/124) in the blue Purnell Sunshine Library edition. In case anyone has a different edition to offer, the text we are missing starts at the end of the paragraph ending "You took your shoes to the fish-shop to be mended!", and goes up to the paragraph opening, "He set down his basket..."

I'm not fussy about it being the same edition -- as long as the words match, I can print them out and fold them into the book so we can read them when we get to that bit. My daughter was really disappointed to find that a chunk of her story was missing, and it would be very satisfying to solve this particular problem! :)

TIA,
Julie
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Re: Plea for a page from Goodnight Stories

Post by pete9012S »

Hi,
You should be able to print the pages you need by clicking this link to thread that now contains the the story:

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/foru ... =16&t=7534" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards

Pete
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
JulieB

Re: Plea for a page from Goodnight Stories

Post by JulieB »

Excellent! Thank you very much. :D