The Famous Five - 1970s - Theme Tune & Press Photographs

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Re: The Famous Five - 1970s - Theme Tune & Press Photographs

Post by Jack400 »

To dispel a myth. The songs were not actually sung by Marcus, Gary, Jenny or Michele. It was the Corona Stage Academy choir (the drama school that Jenny went to) that sung it. Though the credit is given on each side to "The Famous Five" :roll:
Society Member
Billy Farmer

Post by Billy Farmer »

Gary Russell wrote:One for sale here. They pop up fairly frequently here and on ebay.

https://www.discogs.com/The-Famous-Five ... se/5309690" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you for the above link, Gary, I prefer eBay, to the above site (easier to use), I will hopefully obtain a copy of the single, sometime.
Society Member
Billy Farmer

Post by Billy Farmer »

pete9012S wrote:Image

What's the Hopwood/Rowe 'B' side like??
B-side "Together Again" was written by ex-Herman's Hermits guitarist Keith Hopwood and his Pluto Recording Studios business partner at the time, Malcolm Rowe.
I bought a copy of the above single, today.
Society Member
Billy Farmer

Post by Billy Farmer »

The Famous Five, single, arrived today, I have enjoyed listening to both sides of the single.

The seller, I obtained the single, from, also sent me two singles, for free (very nice I thought), unfortunately, I didn't like either single, both 1980's singles, a lot of 1980's music, doesn't appeal to me, my two favourite music decades, are the 1950's and the 1960's.
Society Member
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

A good buy, Billy. I've still got my F5 single, which I acquired when it first came out. It is stored safely away in a box in my attic. I don't think I've played it for many a year! :D
Billy Farmer

Post by Billy Farmer »

I looked on eBay, last night, and for the first time ever, I saw the Famous Five single, listed, I bought the single, the record was listed as being in near mint condition, and the sleeve was listed as being in excellent condition.

Will be nice to possess, two copies of the Famous Five single.
Society Member
Billy Farmer

Post by Billy Farmer »

There is currently, a copy of The Famous Five, single, up for auction, on eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Famous-Five-W ... SwU-pXrJBV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Society Member
Billy Farmer

Post by Billy Farmer »

Currently, up for auction, on eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-FAMOUS-FI ... Sw-0xYOCb4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Society Member