Snowdrop Story Book (1952)

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
floragord
Favourite book/series: THE FARAWAY TREE SERIES
Favourite character: Silky

Snowdrop Story Book (1952)

Post by floragord »

I found this item listed on the Society website - is there a copy available? Look forward to hearing more!
"Its a magic wood!" said Fanny suddenly.
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Re: Snowdrop Story Book (1952)

Post by Courtenay »

I just did a quick Google search for it online, Floragord, but couldn't see any copies currently available from eBay or any other sellers.

Hadn't heard of this particular book before, but I'm guessing it must be in the same series as the Poppy Story Book that Poppy uses as her avatar! :D Here's the link to the Snowdrop Story Book in the Cave - it has 39 short stories in it: http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... php?id=654" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I love the dust wrapper artwork and the colour plates!
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Post by Poppy »

Courtenay wrote:Hadn't heard of this particular book before, but I'm guessing it must be in the same series as the Poppy Story Book that Poppy uses as her avatar!
Yes, it is indeed. :D There are several books in the series: eight in total. Enid Blyton's Snowdrop Storybook was the fifth to be published (1952). There is a list of them in the Cave of Books: here. I only have Enid Blyton's Poppy Storybook, but most of the colour plates and covers, which I love looking at, are in the Cave, which is excellent. I agree - the artwork is fantastic.

I hope you manage to find a copy of Enid Blyton's Snowdrop Storybook, floragord. :D
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
floragord

Post by floragord »

Many thanks, Courtenay and Poppy, for your nice responses. I'd bought one of the lovely "Enid Blyton Centenary Collection" cards at Gingerpop last year, featuring the delightful colour plate for the Snowdrop Story Book, looking at it recently I thought how nice it would be to see the original book and looked up the details on the Society website, which features all the 8 stunning books in the series.
floragord

Post by floragord »

I was charmed to receive an email from the seller in Canada with a photo of my prize and the news it was mailed yesterday, don't ever remember such a gesture previously :)