Journal 28

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Katharine

Journal 28

Post by Katharine »

Does anyone have a copy of Journal 28 they would like to sell? This seems to be the only Journal I don't have :cry:
Society Member
Moonraker

Re: Journal 28

Post by Moonraker »

I'm not sure whether to feel sorry for you or just plain envious!
Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

I don't mind what your feelings are Nigel, do you have a spare copy of Journal 28!!!! :wink:
Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Probably not! :lol:

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Post by sixret »

Katharine, how did you get/buy the rest of the other back copies? From Tony? :)
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Years of watching E-Bay. I was very lucky and got several good deals of big bundles, including some Green Hedges magazines, and even a programme or two from past EB Society days, plus a couple of Junior newsletters written by Gillian Baverstock.

My biggest regret is when I very started collecting them. Someone had listed the first 10 at only £1 each. At that point I didn't know if the Journal was worth getting, so I only bought the first journal to see what it was like. :roll:
Society Member
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Post by sixret »

I've been trying to collect them(and Green Hedges too) since last year but for some reason, no journals were listed on ebay ( the only option I have!) at least I was not aware of. I am looking for the Journals No.1- No.36. There is one journal being listed now but I could not justify myself to pay GBP10(including postage) for one journal! :)

I hope Tony will republish all the back copies. That's the only hope I have. :D
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Katharine wrote:I don't mind what your feelings are Nigel, do you have a spare copy of Journal 28!!!! :wink:
Sadly not! My Journal collection starts with number eleven, so I could really do with the first ten!
Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

So you won't want to know that not only do I have the first 10 issues of the Journal, but I also have some of them in both the original coloured covers, as well as the newer reprint? :D
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I'm pretty sure that I have copies of them all as well, Katharine - even No. 28! :lol:

I haven't got copies of some of the later Green Hedges though, which is a bit puzzling as I was a subscriber to the very end! :roll:
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Ha ha, I should hope you have got copies of all the Journals Tony. Sadly though, according to The Shop, you don't have an extra copy of Journal 28. Oh well, hopefully one will turn up eventually, although of course, I can't imagine why anyone would want to part company with theirs! :D

I'm not sure how many copies of Green Hedges I have. I've got 9 listed on my spread sheet, and think I bought another 6 or 7 at the Enid Blyton Day. I don't know how many issues there were altogether.
Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

I have a complete set of Green Hedges Magazine, Katharine. There are 41 in total: the first one was issued in January 1992 and the final one was the summer issue of 2002.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Thanks for the information Eddie. According to my records then, I've got the first and last issues, just got to fill in all the gaps now. :D
Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Good luck in completing the set, Katharine! :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

There's a lot of bragging going on in this thread. :mrgreen:
Society Member