The Boy Who Dropped His H's

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
alicenewbury

The Boy Who Dropped His H's

Post by alicenewbury »

I am looking for a copy of the story "The Boy Who Dropped His H's". It was in "Sunny Stories for Little Folks" No.207: February 1935. It contained "Poor Old Scarecrow!" from Eight o'Clock Tales, "The Boy Who Dropped His H’s" from Six o'Clock Tales, "The Golliwog's Trick" from The Red Story Book and "The Cackling Goose" from The Red Story Book.

It was also in "Six o'Clock Tales" in 1942 (Publisher: Methuen, Illustrator: Dorothy M. Wheeler) but the reprints (or at least the 2008 version) don't seem to include it.

There was also a story in Teacher's World (Volume L. Issue 1591. Evans Brothers. November 22, 1933) called "Harry Higgle drops his H's", but I'm not sure if that's the same story.

It might be in a compendium such as "The Enid Blyton Collection" or a version of "The O'Clock Tales Collection".

If anybody knows where I can get a copy of either of these stories, or will even just photocopy it for me, any information would be much appreciated!
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Re: The Boy Who Dropped His H's

Post by Poppy »

Six O'Clock Tales will probably be cheaper to buy than the Sunny Stories issue; I can't seem to find it on eBay anyway, but here's a link for the book version.

Six O'Clock Tales
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Try this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIX-OCLOCK-TA ... 19d8bb89dc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or if you're loaded

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIX-OCLOCK-TA ... 1c2f810ea9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

as that story is definitely in there http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... lock+Tales" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
alicenewbury

Post by alicenewbury »

Brilliant! Thanks so much for your help. It is much appreciated.
alicenewbury

Post by alicenewbury »

I have bought the book! Thanks for all the help.
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

No problem. Hope you enjoy it!
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member