Kirrin Bay/Island string

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Here's where to go!
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Kirrin Bay/Island string

Post by Viking Star »

I can't get into the latest page on the Kirrin Bay/Island string - and I would really like to know what the last message said.

Could mend/fix it please?

Thanks.
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Phew, thank goodness. I thought I was the only one getting that strange Timed Out message.
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

No you're not - I'm getting it too. Hopefully one of the experts will step in and do something about it.
Moonraker

Re: Kirrin Bay/Island string

Post by Moonraker »

Viking Star wrote:I can't get into the latest page on the Kirrin Bay/Island string - and I would really like to know what the last message said.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'm to blame for this, I think. I posted a message with a URL quote, and got my brackets mixed up - I couldn't open it myself to correct it. I have posted the message again, under Miscellaneous Blyton - it's about the real Kirrin Island.

I hope Keith or Matt can somehow delete my original one and restore the thread back to normal service.

Sorry. :(
Society Member
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

Tsk. Nigel, please report to the Headmaster for a jolly good thrashing. :D

Seriously, that thread is fixed now. I had to go into the database to delete that erroneous bracket. It's crazy that such a small thing should stop the page from displaying, but there you go -- it's a ready-built, off-the-shelf forum and I'm not sure there's a way to get around that. Fixing the problem is no big deal as far as I'm concerned, but in future it might be easier for y'all to just report these sorts of problems directly to me via email rather that start new threads, etc -- I only caught this by accident.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Keith Robinson wrote:Tsk. Nigel, please report to the Headmaster for a jolly good thrashing. :D

"Poor Nigel. What a pity. Wipe your feet. Naughty boy."

I am humbled, and consider myself admonished. :|
Society Member