Suggestion for Tony's Cave of Books

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Here's where to go!
Chrissie777
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Adventure Series, Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Jack Trent

Suggestion for Tony's Cave of Books

Post by Chrissie777 »

Dear Tony,

I adore your Cave of Books and still spend hours with looking at all the beautiful old illustrations and reading the many reviews.

However, there's one thing that I miss and maybe it would be possible to add it to the Cave of Books: a bibliography sorted by years in chronological order within each year (like the one in Barbara Stoney's EB biography at the end of the book)?

Then it would be easier to find the stand alone books (because when somebody doesn't remember a certain title, he cannot search for it (unless he has the Stoney biography), but if there would be a bibliography in the Cave of Books and the possibility to click on unknown EB stand alone books, it would be easier to find out more about the plots/story lines).
Just a suggestion which would make the beautiful EBS website complete.

I noticed that a bibliography is missing in the Cave of Books when I couldn't think of the title "Cliff Castle" and had to look through my EB book case in order to find the proper title.
My point is that if there would be a bibliography, I would have found "Cliff Castle" after a while (all I remembered was that it was published after 1940).
Chrissie

Society Member

"For me, the cinema is not a slice of life, but a piece of cake."
Alfred Hitchcock
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Suggestion for Tony's Cave of Books

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

If you click on the Cave of Books button and then on "Complete Book Listing" you'll get a list of all the books by year, Chrissie (click on the link below and scroll down to see it). It's easy to miss features like this simply because the Cave is so vast!

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/list-all.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Chrissie777
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Adventure Series, Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Jack Trent

Re: Suggestion for Tony's Cave of Books

Post by Chrissie777 »

Anita, I'm delighted :) :) :)!
That's what I have missed since I'm using the Cave of Books. My own fault, because I never scrolled further down and that's why I never discovered it. :roll:
Who knows what else is still in there to be discovered?
Chrissie

Society Member

"For me, the cinema is not a slice of life, but a piece of cake."
Alfred Hitchcock