Guestbook

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Here's where to go!

Did you find my opinion useful?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 7

Julian
Favourite book/series: Six Bad Boys/Famous Five/St Clare's/Wishing Chair
Favourite character: Julian/Janet/Carlotta

Guestbook

Post by Julian »

Well, I just wish that there would be a guestbook on this site! Its just a suggestion because most of the Blyton sites have guestbooks. But I must be thankful that there such a brilliant website about Enid Mary Blyton with an equally brilliant book-listing! :)
  • ♥♣ Møh@mð Hä§åÑ♥♣
Thanks to Nigel for my avatar! :)
Tony Summerfield

Guestbook

Post by Tony Summerfield »

How many of these sites that have guestbooks also have Forums, Mohamed? Surely the purpose of a guestbook is to say what you want to about a site and that is exactly what you can do on these Forums.

Have a better look at the guestbooks on these sites that you mention and you will notice that some have had only one or two messages in a whole year!

I believe that we have the best possible set up here where you can post and read messages in a wide range of topics and you have the freedom to ignore the topics that you have no interest in rather than having to plough through every single message.

Best wishes
Tony
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Guestbook

Post by Viking Star »

Glad you're still with us after all the 'trials and tribulations' Mohamed.
This is a Green Knight Book which means that it is a book by one of the most popular authors of all.
Raci

Post by Raci »

:D Welcome to the forums Mohamed.

I would have to agree with Tony though. I don't think there is any need on this site for a guestbook at all. Anyone who wants to comment on this site can quite easily do so in the forums. Along with the many other topics to talk about and join in with as well.
But also if all websites were run exactly the same way the internet would be a very boring place.

Can I also add:
I voted no in the poll above, however I was voting to say no I don't like the idea of a guestbook but having re-read the poll question you actually ask Did you find my opinion useful. I have no problems with you sharing your opinions - I guess I just need to read polls a little more carefully :oops:
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I have to agree with Tony, on this one. I don't think you can have a forum (and this one is the best I've come across :lol: ) and a guestbook.

Two of the best Blyton sites, Heather's and Keith's, have really good guestbooks - but they have no forums. Therefore, those guestbooks perform an excellent role.

I can't see the point in another forum (I know this hasn't been suggested, but the question has been raised on Keith's site) when there is this one and of course, the Yahoo! Group as well. I don't think I could cope with another one!

I think most people can only cope with one Blyton forum. There are only a very small number of us that contribute to both this forum and the Yahoo! Group. :roll:

I was a little confused by your poll question, Mohamed (probably my age kicking in!), but I did vote yes as I love opinions and discussion!!!

(Nearly finished!) I also liked your websites (loads of sisters!), Mohamed. I have a bookmarked list of Blyton sites, and yours are in there! Well done. I think it is incredible that you have done this at such a tender age. It took me ages to compile a pathetic page at MySpace.com! :cry:
Society Member
Julian
Favourite book/series: Six Bad Boys/Famous Five/St Clare's/Wishing Chair
Favourite character: Julian/Janet/Carlotta

Post by Julian »

Thank you all so much for the kind and sensible comments! Really, I am glad that there are not any mean or sarcastic comments on this topic! :) And thank you Mr Rowe for admiring my work. I really am pleased. :lol:
  • ♥♣ Møh@mð Hä§åÑ♥♣
Thanks to Nigel for my avatar! :)